PART 1: chapter 2

"Jay Pass left!" I heard Kanye Yell as I took the ball off Chris and pivoted toward the basket, I shook my head knowing I could make it from here and shot. Of course the ball went through the hoop as usual and Kanye smiled at me as we continued with the game.  Kanye was my best friend and we did almost everything together since we started the same school on the same day, we both tried out for basketball together and even asked out our girlfriends at the same time. At the end of practice I was in the shower cleaning up when I heard Jamie say something to Kanye,

"Kanye why are you with Kim? I mean, she fucked half the school nigga" Jamie joked, Jamie was a black boy who was just a little shorter than me and had deep waves in his hair. He always seemed to wear shorts and hated his legs being covered for reasons I couldn't tell you and had a big sister who got just as much action as Kim and Shontelle put together.

"Damn Jamie,  just mind your own damn business, shit" August said in defence for Kanye. August always hated people who were into others business, he was a keep to himself kind of kid. If you wanted to know anything about him you weren't in any luck.

"I think Jamie got a point, she could have Aids or some shit" Drake chimed in before I rolled my eyes, Of course Drake would say that, his light skin ass is always saying people are sick. He doesn't even touch the ball if we don't sanitise out hands before practice and thinks as soon as you sneeze you got Ebola or some shit.  I wrapped the white towel around my waist and walked out to where they were,

"Man just mind your own business, she ain't fucking you now is she? no? so why do you need to know? Lets just drop it and continue with our own lives please thank you very much your welcome" I said before walking over to my locker and pulling out my clothes to get changed into.

"Well who heard about what happened on the juniors school bus after school today?" Trey asked looking behind at us as he placed his top on over his head.

"No why? what happened?" I asked looking back at him.

"What happened to minding our own business?" Jamie asked before laughing, I laughed too and threw a shirt at him causing him to catch it and throw it back at me.

"Well you know that chick that everyone hates?" He asked me, I looked at him confused and shook my head, "C'mon you know, the light skin one" He added, I turned my head sideways. "Well anyway, no one likes her and I think she has like one friend or something like that-" He began before Kanye interrupted.

"Why don't people like her?" Kanye asked confused, I was wondering the same thing.

"Because Jay's girl don't like her. If the head cheerleader don't like you than no one does" Trey answered truthfully.

"Nah man Shontelle ain't like that" I said slightly unsure, I looked around and everyone raised their eyebrows at me as I got changed.

"Yes the heck she is, anyway so the girl was on the school bus and you know what they did to her?" He said, "They took some book she was reading and ripped out the last few chapters then threw them out the bus window and when she got off to go home they poured paint on her. I heard she walked home looking like a damn rainbow" He said disgusted, that was the difference between the basketball team and the football team. They would have laughed about that, but us? No, we are the nice ones, we actually feel empathy and compassion.

"Jay you need to talk to Shontelle man, that shit ain't cool, I heard it's been like this since fifth grade for that girl" August proposed with a horrified look on his face.

"Man, I didn't know she was like that" I sat down on the bench and they all looked at me, "Heck I don't know her at all" I admitted as I looked up at them all.