The Zachary Donovan Enigma - (26)

So, sorry for the last chapter, I’m kinda hurrying to get this finished, and I haven’t written for a few months... so its a bit dodge. And also sorry in advance for this chapter, because its probably gonna be of roughly the same quality... I'm also sick and super tired...=/
There were also meant to be a few extra chapters in here... so I cut it down a fair bit. Hopefully the other chapters were unnecessary... =P

 Also, a huge thanks to everyone who is still reading even after my super long haitus!!

Chapter twenty Six
(26)

Something landed heavily on my face causing me to instantly splutter and jerk awake. First official day of the holidays, and I’m not even allowed to sleep in...

I rolled over slowly, dragging what appeared to be clothes off my face and turned to face the intruder. When I saw the person smirking down at me I moaned and tossed my clothes back at him, before rolling over and pretending to go back to sleep.

“What are you doing here?” I grumbled into my pillow.

I don’t know if Zach ever found out what Finn told me on Thursday night, and I hadn’t talked to him on Friday to ask because I’d forgotten we’d had an exam for History during the period we spent together. Which was probably a good thing, because I was still trying to figure out what to do. Should I tell him I knew? Should I just pretend I didn’t know? Should I avoid him, and try not to lead him on any further? Or did I want to still be interested in me...

 “Well, good morning to you too,” came Zach’s overly cheery reply.

I scowled into my pillow and squeezed my eyes tighter, refusing to believe he was in my room. Maybe if I wished him away hard enough, he would disappear. I hadn’t decided what I was going to do. I needed more time, and I needed to talk to Emma.

When I didn’t hear his receding footsteps I grumbled another complaint. “It would be a much better morning if you let me sleep...”

Suddenly the covers were torn from my body and I yelped and screwed myself into a ball. Bastard.

“Cute PJ’s.”

I crinkled my brow in confusion for a moment before I realised I was wearing my short rubber ducky boxers and matching singlet, and then mentally cursed myself as well. Of all the days to wear them...

“Shut up,” I grumbled, contemplating tossing my pillow at his face. Early morning was not the time to tease me.

“I was going to make you get changed,” began Zach, swirling the clothes I’d thrown at him through the air, “But those are much more embarrassing. You can keep those on.” I stayed silent and tried to pretend I was asleep. Maybe he would go away. “So c’mon, get up, let’s go!”

“I’m not going any-“  I only half finished my sentence before my arm was suddenly almost yanked from its socket and I was sent tumbling to the ground. A string of colourful profanities left my mouth before I begrudgingly scrambled onto my knees, painfully rubbing the side of my face that had hit the floor.

“Before I agree to going anywhere with you, where are we going?” I asked suspiciously, before snatching my clothes from his hands. “And come to think of it,” I frowned, “How the heck did you get in here?!”

A mischievous grin spread across his face as he turned on his heels to leave and give me some privacy. “A good magician never reveals his secrets. I want to see you by the car and ready to go in ten,” he said, pointing a finger at me, and then shutting the door to leave me in peace.

I glanced at the clothes in my hands and seriously considered tossing them back on the floor where they came from and crawling back into bed. But I knew Zach would just be back hassling me if I wasn’t downstairs; so with a heavy sigh I pulled on the t-shirt and shorts that had been lying on my floor for a good four days already. I guess I was taking the ‘pretend I didn’t know that Zach had been - and could still possible be - in love’ option.