The Zachary Donovan Enigma - (16)

******************************************************

Hi! So guess what!? I'm on holidays! And I've spent pretty much the last 3 days working nontop on this story!... And all I've written is this chapter, and its not even that long. =( How sad is that?

But I also read over the first 15 chapters and fixed them up. I couldnt believe how many mistakes there were! And not just minor ones like writing bust when instead of but when, or she peed around the door instead of peered (which i did, by the way) but kind of major ones. Like at the start, I said Eli moved there with his family, and kept mentioning doing stuff with him mum.... and then in the funeral chapter i said his parents were both dead! ...woops!..... Why did none of you tell me this! haha. But i guess I can't blame you, since its been so long since I uploaded those chapters. And I forgot as well =S

But anyways, then I spent about a day and a half making - A TRAILOR! ... its a bit dodgy, because I'm funnily enough, not a professional movie maker, and didn't have a bajillion dollar budget I could play around with, and it took me forever just to find a microphone that actually picked up sound... I've also been told I sound sick =/ but I've given up on it! You can decided what you think of it yourself =) 

The trailor is in the youtube section of the new first chapter/intro fyi. =)

or you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZb8jHJ9ZYY

And then I spent the other half a day writing this chapter. But hopefully you wont have to wait too long till the next one. I'm really excited about writing the next few =)

Anyways, enough rambling. Read my friends, read =)

*******************************************************

Chapter Sixteen

(16)

The forest seemed unnaturally dark and silent as I followed Zach through the trees, a few metres behind.

We had been walking for what seemed like forever, and I still had no clue as to why we were here. Well, I knew I was here because I was stalking Zach. But I had no idea why Zach was here... Which funnily enough, was why I was stalking him in the first place.

 After fifteen minutes of treading like the ground could shatter at any minute, I was starting to lose patience with trying to be silent. I had never fully realised just how deep this part of the forest went until now.

Unless of course, we were walking around in circles...

And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get the musty smell of decomposing leaves out of my nose.

I shivered involuntarily and hugged myself as the coolness of the surroundings seeped through my light school uniform. I wished I’d brought a jumper, but it was the middle of freakin summer for crying out loud!

I was seriously contemplating giving up and going home, having a mug of hot coffee, and leaving Zach to whatever the hell he was doing out in the middle of the dark forest; when I thought I heard the faint sound of voices from up ahead.

I raised my eyebrows slightly and quickened my pace so as I was only a few metres behind Zach. I hadn’t realised until now just how far I had been lagging behind.

I watched as Zach climbed over a fallen log, and then waited a few seconds before doing the same. Did he know that there were people there? Well, I’m sure he did. He did seem to know exactly where he was going. But then why was Zach going to meet these people? And why did they have to meet in a dark, scary forest? ... Maybe he was a drug dealer. That could explain a lot.