Chapter 23

People keep asking me about the second story I'm currently working on and I have some of it done but I want to get more of it finished before I publish it. It's coming soon though, I promise. 

Thanks to everyone who fanned, voted, and commented. It means the world to me and all these chapters are dedicated to you. So thank you :)

(P.S. Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

***********************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 23

Sutton’s POV:

            I was in pure bliss. Words simply cannot describe how content and happy I feel. Being with Evan is like getting a missing puzzle piece returned to my heart. For the first time in a long while, I felt whole.

            “Ok, mister! Stop distracting me and avoiding the question. You said there were things you didn’t tell me and I want to know what they are.” I teasingly scolded him as I sat up, facing him.

            “Darling, it’s not my fault that my kisses easily distract you.” He smiled cockily at me. I rolled my eyes at his ridiculous hotness. His hair was still damp from the shower I’d made him take and he’d refused to put shirt on. Not that I was complaining about that part though.

            “You play unfair!” I accused. He chuckled and put his hands behind his head as he looked at me. I couldn’t get over how sexy he looked, laying on his back with his muscles visible.

            “Are we going to talk or are you just going to accuse me of using my undeniable hotness to seduce you.” He winked and I playfully slapped his arm.

            “Fine, talk.” I pulled my knees up to my chest and waited for him to start. He sighed and looked up, deciding where to start.

            “I guess I should give you some background. You already  know that soon I’m going to be taking over the Greenwood Pack from my dad. You also know the Greenwood Pack is large and very…influential.”

            “I already know all of this.” I sighed a bit impatiently.

            “Patience my little mate, I’m getting to the point here. Anyway, since my pack is well known we attract hunters.” I nodded, my interest perked. “Usually they just attack and attack and we cut them down. As you can see though, they’ve decided on a new tactic. Word has come through that they’re planning on taking the pack down by bringing down the middle. The next generation.” He spoke the last part slowly and looked at me to make sure I understood.

            “Ok, but I’m not seeing why this affects the two of us, much less me.”

            “Sutton, I used to date around a lot,” I scrunched my nose up at that. “Let me finish, I was quite popular with the ladies. And that was a good thing for me because they weren’t my mate so me being with them didn’t put them in danger. To be honest, I didn’t really want to find my mate just yet.”

            Is he trying to tell me he doesn’t want me as his mate? Is he rejecting me? Again? Panic surged up in me and I swallowed nervously. Seeing my reaction, Evan quickly sat up and pulled me onto his lap so that my legs were on either side of his torso.

            “I didn’t want to find my mate because I would be putting her in danger. But then I came across this beautiful little brunette with a sense of humor and the ability to make me smile just by looking at her. She’s smart and she makes me laugh and she’s everything that I want.” I smiled at this, my heart warming even more. “I fell for her instantly. It was impossible not to. But it’s dangerous Sutton. Us being mates puts you at risk because those hunters know that if they were to kill you I would be useless. They know the way to a werewolves heart is through their mate.”