Chapter 21

Ok, so I know I said I wasn't going to upload until later in the week but I had some time yesterday and today and managed to get this chapter finished. I hate to leave my readers hanging so I uploaded this as soon as I could. It's not extremely long but I wanted you to have a chapter to read so I can have time to start on the next one. (I'm super excited for the next three or four chapters) Besides, I wanted to get the ball rolling on Evan and Sutton. I think you'll be excited if you're Evan/Sutton fans :)

Also I once again jumped ahead in time. I just wanted you to get a sense of how long Evan and Sutton have waited. Sorry if you don't like me jumping ahead, but this makes the story move along better.

Here it is, if you enjoy it and want more, vote and comment

P.S. sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes

P.S.S Picture on the right is of Luke/Lockey

**********************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 21

Evan’s POV:

            A month and a half. 51 days. To say my life is at a standstill would be correct. I wouldn’t say I’ve fallen into a depression but I’m certainly never in the mood to party. I take my classes, conduct pack business, and then retreat to the comfort of my bedroom. I guess you could say things went back to the way they were with me and Sutton. She avoids me and if not possible to do so, then she ignores me. We’ve only talked three times since Halloween. I’ll admit it, I keep track of the times we talk. The problem is, my feelings have changed. Grown stronger. I lie in bed at night and think about the Halloween party. The passion, the fire that was between us. And then I had to go and ruin it. I don’t regret my choice though, I would fake date someone in a heartbeat if it protected Sutton. True, I had broken up with Sadie but I made sure that there were a few rumors going around that I’d been hooking up with various girls.

            I hadn’t originally planned on the rumors, but after Jason told me Sutton was getting texts and calls from those creeps, I upped my game. Jason had been thrilled when Sutton had started hanging out with him again, and I’m guessing that since I’m still standing, Sutton found a way around telling him about the two of us. I swear he’s even more protective of her than I would be. On second thought, no. If we were real mates she wouldn’t leave my sight if there was even a hint of danger. Jason does a good job though, driving her to and from school, accompanying her anywhere she goes. He laughs whenever he tells me about it.

            “You should have seen it,” He’d recounted one of his more dramatic protection plans. “We were at the restaurant and she had to go to the bathroom so I got up and followed her there. I then stood outside the door until she came out. She was so embarrassed, it was probably one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.” His face had been red with laughter as he told the story. I think secretly he enjoys embarrassing her.

            I hadn’t really seen much of Jason around, as he was with Sutton or Elise. I like Jason and Elise together. His loud, goofiness was checked by her intelligent, seriousness. They balanced each other out perfectly. It’s official. I’m now a mate less loser who sits around and drinks to pass the time. Not that I’m an alcoholic or anything but my alcohol intake has definitely increased. Bottles and trash littered my floor, I hadn’t cleaned in a awhile. There wasn’t really any point. Alright, so maybe I’m in a nose dive towards rock bottom. Unfortunately, I’m starting to think getting Sutton back is the only thing to bring me back up. That would be a miracle though. But hey, with Christmas a week away, I suppose it’s the season for miracles.

            “Evan, we’re all going out. I think you should go with us.” Kevin suggested as he walked into the room. I was laying on my bed doing nothing but pondering my pathetic life. Ad usual. I glanced up, uninterested.