Chapter 35

Sorry this chapter is short. I've been busy with the holidays and then the New Year and on top of that, I've been sick. The next chapter is the fight scene and then after that probably one more chapter before the epilogue. The sequel will come out some time after I finish this. It won't be a long time after the end because I don't want you guys to forget about it, but I do want to concentrate more on my other story, Rightfully His, (If you haven't checked it out, I think you should :). 

I'll post the description about the sequel probably in the chapter after the fight scene. So until next time, Happy New Year!

Thank you to everyone who votes/comments/fanned. I love you all of you :)

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.)

*****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 35

Evan’s POV:

            “The hell I am!” Sutton yelled. I shook my head, frustrated. We’d been over this already.

            “Sutton, I’m not letting you go with us when we go to fight the hunters.” I repeated calmly.

            “But Elise gets to go!” She whined.

            The two of us have gone back and forth on this for the past week and we still hadn’t come to an agreement. There’s no way I’m letting her be in the fight. I can’t put her in danger like that and face the risk of losing her. It would literally kill me if she died during the fight because I couldn’t protect her. Even if she did somehow convince me to let her go, the whole time my main focus would be on protecting her. I can’t think about just her though, my main focus has to be on taking down the hunters.

            “Sutton, you’re going to be Alpha Female. Elise is not. Let’s say you’re a slightly more valuable commodity to lose. Lisa doesn’t get to go either because she’s going to be, so to speak, your Beta.” I reminded her. She huffed and crossed her arms, glowering at me.

            “I can’t just stand back while people in my pack lose their lives.”

            “Have such little faith in your mate, darling?”  I asked, slightly offended.

            “No, of course not. However, you can’t be everywhere, protecting everyone.”

            “Neither can you. I need you here, taking care of the wounded and keeping the people who are staying behind calm.” I said softly. Tears littered her eyes when she looked up at me.

            “Yeah? And what if you get hurt, Evan. What am I supposed to do then? What if you get hurt or even worse, what if you end up dead?” Her voice rose with every word until she was yelling. Choking back her sobs she turned her back to me. I walked toward her and enveloped her in my arms, letting her cry.

            “Nothing is going to happen to me. I need you here as motivation for me to be more careful so that I can come back to you. I’m not going to leave you, I promise.” I vowed, looking into her still teary eyes.

            “Just answer one question then.” She whispered softly.

            “I have a feeling I’m going to regret this.” I answered back honestly.

            “Could you stay here if the roles were reversed? Could you just sit back and relax here while I’m off fighting?”

            “No.” I finally answered.