Chapter 9

Ok, so as promised,here is Chapter 9 and because it took me awhile to upload and because you guys are such AMAZING fans, I made it a little longer.

So thanks for the commenting and fanning and voting, and thanks for reading! :)

*********************************************************************************************************************

                                                Chapter 9

Evan’s POV:

             I woke up the next morning feeling excited and eager. Last night, with Sutton, had been one of the best nights of my life. We didn’t even touch, but staying there and talking to her, I felt like a piece of me was forming. In movies and books you hear about finding your soul mate, and it’s supposed to feel like that person was a piece of you that you never knew was missing. With Sutton, it was like she forwent giving me my missing piece and went straight to my heart, adding her own piece. She was forever ingrained in me; she’ll always be the one I love. I just hope she feels the same way about me, especially after she finds out about that one kiss with Sadie. I was a fool if I thought she wouldn’t find out. I already know she will, everyone knew about it, so she is bound to find out. My dilemma: Do I just tell her, or let her find out and then explain?

            “Hey man, where are you going?” Kevin asked from the doorway. He took a bite of the banana he was holding in his hand and I grimaced at his appearance.

            “Kevin, I thought we already talked about this. Walking around in just your boxers and a t-shirt is not only not ok, it’s quite frankly disturbing.” I complained.

            “Really? Lilah didn’t seem to find it too disturbing last night. Though, I didn’t have nearly as much clothing on. Actually, I didn’t hav-”

            “Come on man!” I cut him off, trying to shake off the mental picture in my head of him and Lilah. He chuckled at me response and took another bite of his banana.

            “So, where are you going?” He repeated his earlier question.

            “I have a date with Sutton. Ok, not really a date, but I offered to show her around town some more and she agreed, but I’m still calling it a date.”

            “And when do I get to formally meet this famous Sutton? It seems everyone’s already met her, everyone except me. Last night, at the BBQ, I heard all the guys talking about how hot she is. Looks like you had better send out a memo or something, because there’s already an argument on who called dibs first.” He chuckled and I growled lowly. The only person who gets to call dibs is me!

            “Look, I don’t know. But I just really want to spend some time with her before she runs off after meeting you and all of your…glory.” I said, waving my hand in his direction and scrunching my face up at the view.

            “I heard your parents love her.” Yeah, I’d heard that too. I guess after I left my parents had stayed behind and helped clean up, always the cordial guests. When they got home my mom was practically bouncing, she was so happy about who my mate is. I guess Sutton charmed my parents, not that I had any doubts about that.

            “Yeah, my mom’s already planning the wedding.” I laughed and he joined in too, knowing I wasn’t kidding. My mom’s a little eccentric. My dad’s more serious, but don’t let his tough exterior fool you. He loves to laugh just as much as the next guy, if not more. I think my parents balance each other out very well. Growing up, I’d always wanted to be like them. Run the pack with a stern hand but have a good humored side like my dad, with a mate that laughs through life but is serious when it comes down to it. My mom is both of those things, and after talking to Sutton last night, I can tell she is too.