Chapter 31

Hmm, I was hoping to finish this by Christmas but I don't think that will happen. Probably by New Years...

Thanks to everyone who has supported the story so far. I owe it all to you so thank you!

Thank you to the people who vote and comment on all the chapters. I recognize certain people who leave comments and vote on a daily basis, so to those people thank you! (you know who you are)

And thank you to everyone who has ever voted/commented/fanned. 

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

******************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 31

Sutton’s POV:

            The minute she spoke the room erupted with shouts. “Who is she?” “What does she want?” “Does it matter? Get her out! She can’t have our Alpha Female!” “Is she a rouge?” “What’s going on?” The girl in front of me backed up against the wall, cowering from the loud voices. She looked wildly left and right like she was trying to find an escape and a small whimper escaped her lips. I whirled around and faced the people that were shouting behind me, putting a finger in my mouth and letting loose a shrill whistle.

            “Everyone shut up!” I commanded, letting the room fill with silence. Eventually everyone straightened and bowed their heads respectively.

            I turned around faced the young girl that bore a startling resemblance to myself. Her eyes had tears in them and she trembled. I took a step forward and she braced herself against the wall. This girl was truly terrified. Without turning, I knew Evan was right behind me, shadowing me every move. I put a hand behind my back and pushed him back a step, turning to give him the don’t move! look. He looked like he was about to argue with me but I broke out the puppy dog face and reluctantly he nodded. Nodding, I turned back to the girl that still had her eyes  on me. The look in her eyes, she looked like she was in awe or wonder.

            “Hey, are you ok?” I asked quietly, trying to sound calm. She didn’t move an inch as I hesitantly took a step closer. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to hurt you. They won’t either. I’m sorry for that, they’re just a little protective.” I murmured, gesturing to the crowd behind me.

            “You’re really Sutton?” She asked, barely above a whisper. I nodded and she breathed out, relaxing the tiniest bit. “I can’t believe I really found you.” She said, getting that awed look in her eyes again.

            “Found me?” I was utterly confused as to who she was and why she was looking for me.

            “That’s right, you have no idea what I’m talking about.” She sounded as if she were speaking more to herself then me, furrowing her eyebrows in thought as she turned her attention to the floor.

            “Why don’t we talk about it then.” I suggested. She lifted her head and stiffened slightly when she saw Evan. “Don’t worry about him, he’s my mate. He won’t do anything unless you provoke him. And you wouldn’t do that.” I hoped she understood the warning in my words. If she tried anything, she sure as hell wasn’t getting out of her alive.

            “No, no of course not. Why would I hurt my own si-” She broke off, biting her lip.

            “Alright, then come with me and we’ll talk.” I motioned towards the family room. Evan stepped up then and gripped my elbow.