Chapter 5

I just wanted to thank everyone so much for reading this story. I try to upload as much as possible and when I have free time I'm always writing. So thanks again and I hope you enjoy the chapter :)

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

***********************************************************************************************************************

                                                                                Chapter 5

Sutton’s POV:

                Turning onto my drive and seeing the already familiar shape of my house, I let out a relived sigh. I was ready to go upstairs and take a long bath, followed by a nap. I was too exhausted from today’s events to do anything, yet I couldn’t get that guy from Swift out of my mind. And what was with those two creepy guys?

                It was nearing three as I parked my car and walked into the house, taking off my boots and putting them in the closet next to the door. I was about to walk away when I heard the heels of my mother’s designer sandals click against the white marble floor. Taylor and I looked up at her as she walked downstairs, muttering to herself with a frustrated expression. She had a clipboard tucked under her arm with a pen attached to it. Pen. Clipboard. Mom’s planning something, I thought. We’ve only been here a couple days, how can she already be planning something?

                “…Always springing things on me last minute. Been married 19 years to that man and he still doesn’t know how much I hate despise surprises.” She  mumbled angrily to herself. Looking up, she caught sight of me then Taylor. “Oh, hello girls. Enjoy your shopping trip?” She asked. I nodded.

                “So what’s dad sprung on you this time?” Taylor asked. I stuck around, curious to hear the answer.

                “Well, it seems your dad ran into Bane at the store, you know, the friend that convinced him to move back here, and next thing you know he walks in announcing that we are hosting a BBQ tonight and the whole pack is coming. Imagine my horror when he tells me I have a day to prepare. And not even a full day!” She finished, her face incredulous. See, my mom is planner. And a perfectionist. She loves planning the perfect party, that’s why she’s so good at being a party planner. She so enthusiastic and passionate about every party she plans. It’s probably what makes her one of the most coveted party planners around. She’s good at what she does, however you need to give her time to plan the party. Springing things like this on her is not a good idea. She can still plan a perfect party in a day, she just turns into Cruella mixed with the sanity of a crazy person. Stressed is an understatement. You can bet that with a party planner as a mother, Taylor and I always had the best parties growing up.

                “Bane Taylor. That’s the Alpha right?” Taylor asked. My mom nodded before continuing. So this is the BBQ Lisa had been talking about earlier. Funny how she knew about the BBQ that was being hosted by my family in my house even before I did.

                “Yes, now as much as I’d like to chat with you girls, I have a BBQ to plan.” She turned to leave but I stopped her.

                “Wait! Have you looked outside? It looks like it’s about to rain.” I told her. She chuckled before answering.

                “Sweetie, the weather here changes at the drop of a hat. You’ll get used to it. BBQ starts at 6:30.” She called over her shoulder as she marched away, her heels still clicking away. A few seconds later I heard her yelling about seeing a speck of dust and how the crab cakes were to be cooled and not chilled. I laughed softly, climbing the stairs. Yes, she’s definitely in crazy Cruella mode right now. I pity the maids and chefs who happen to be working for her today.