Chapter Seventeen

Clara's POV
I didn't care about making noise or sneaking around. I was the daughter of darkness itself; I was a reaper. Blood was the daughter of Satan; she was a demon. We were matched in a battle of hell. Only she was the queen of evil, and I was the queen of death. She better hope she can hide until the sun comes up, because the night is my domain, and she just poked the wrong animal with a stick.

Narrators POV
Clara walked through the ranks of twenty teenagers who had looked up to her six years ago. Now they looked at her with too much fear to even pick up their weapons. When they the room where Daniel claimed Blood was, she turned to him.

Clara's POV
"You need to leave now," I said to Daniel,  "Kayden is in the hospital, he needed his brother. Get these kids out of here. I need to face Blood alone."

Daniel looked behind him at the two flanks of fighters before turning back to me, "they won't listen to me. But they will listen to you. Give the order Clara. They'll listen to you once you tell them that Blood will be gone."

"How do you know they won't attack?" I asked.

"They fear Blood. She's a sociopath. You, they respect. Give them an order and they will carry it out with out any question or hesitation. As long as blood is going down, they don't fear anything."

I looked from Daniel to the group of boys and girls no older than twenty, if not younger. It was almost like I was looking into the eyes of myself.

"I can't, Daniel." I looked at him, "I'm not the leader they're looking for anymore. I'm just a girl fixin' to take down a psychopath."

"Sociopath." Daniel corrected.

"Psychopath." I shot back.

"Sociopath."

"Psychopath."

"Sociopath."

"Psychopath!" I glared at Daniel. I was beginning to become angry.

"Sociopaaaatthhh." Daniel sang.

"Blood is psychopath with a deranged craving for uncalled for death!" I shouted, "now follow my orders and clear out of this damn place!"

Daniel smirked at me and turned to the mass, "looks like you didn't even have to give orders to give orders."

I didn't bother looking, I could hear the sound of weapons clanging and feet shuffling that the horde of young killers was leaving.

I grumbled and glared at Daniel through my eyebrows, "you're a twat, now get out of here."

Daniel smiled at the ground, "I hate the thought of leaving you alone to face Blood." Daniel stepped closer to me, our bodies only centimeters apart, "you mean a lot to me, I can't bare the thought of you being hurt." He caresses my arm and instantly I had to snuff out a laugh.

"I'm engaged and in love with another man, Daniel." I gave him a compassionate smile, "my love life is already complicated and full enough." I gave Daniel a kiss on the cheek, "now get out of here you little kid."

I ruffled his hair. He giggled at my action and jogged off. As I watched him leave I saw more Kayden in him than I had ever realized. Although Kayden never killed anyone like Daniel had, they were both pure. If anything Daniel was more like what would have been created if Kayden and I had ever had a kid together. The thought of Daniel's soul surviving the tortures of the camp was enough to give me hope - and his affection was enough to drain the hatred out of be permanently. Even if fate did take Kayden away from me, he would always be here. In me and in Daniel, Kayden would live on in our memories and in our actions.