Chapter 38

Chapter 38

       The day we got back to school after winter break, I hurried over to my and Isadora's locker. Luckily, she was there. "Izzy, promise you won't tell the cops what I'm doing," I said.

       Isadora looked at me with wide eyes. "W-what are you doing?"

       "You can't tell anyone," I said. I looked from side to side, making sure nobody was listening before replying in a quiet voice. "Okay, here it is. So, I'm still a minor and I'm in a relationship with a legal adult."

      Isadora gave me a flat look and punched my shoulder. "Don't scare me like that! I thought you actually did something illegal!"

       I smiled at her before pulling her into a hug. "Sorry I scared you. Happy birthday, Isadora."

       Isadora hugged me back. "Thank you. I'm still mad though for you scaring me. I thought you were actually going to get in trouble with the cops."

       "No way, I never get in trouble," I said, pulling away from her but keeping my arms around her waist.

       Isadora raised an eyebrow. "Really? So what about that time I kept calling you and it turned out you were at the police station, in a holding cell?"

       "In my defense, it wouldn't have happened if Collin didn't take advantage of your amnesia," I said. "And be thankful that I didn't act out violently towards him."

       "You were still arrested," Isadora pointed out, her lips curling into a pout.

       "Aww, you're so cute when you pout," I said before leaning down and pressing my lips on hers, right as the bell rang. "I love you, by the way."

       "I love you too," she said. "And now, we should be heading to class."

       "I'll walk you to yours," I said. I grabbed my AP chemistry notebook out of the locker and Isadora grabbed the one for her class before closing it and locking it. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and we walked to her first period class.

       When we got there, she was about to go in but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to me. She sighed. "Dax, I have to go to class," she said.

       "The tardy bell will ring in five minutes," I said. "We got time."

       Isadora smiled up at me. "Maybe when I don't have to go to class. You still have to go too."

       "Like I said, we got time," I said.

       Isadora rolled her eyes and pressed her lips on mine. "I'll see you in English," she said before walking into the class.

       I made my way to my class then. For the whole period, we didn't do anything special. It was just working on a worksheet after he explained some compounds. When the bell rang, I quickly left and made my way to Isadora's classroom. She just walked out by the time I got there and I immediately intertwined our hands together. "Shall we go to English?" I asked.

       "We shall," Isadora said with one of her cute giggles.

       After going to our locker to get our English notebooks, we went to English class. Once again, we did nothing interesting. Just a bunch of talking from Mr. Garner, followed by a worksheet. When class ended, we got up from our seats.

       "I'll meet you in the cafeteria," I said to Isadora.

       Isadora furrowed her eyebrows. "You're not coming now?"