Chapter 5

Chapter 5

       Seb walked into the dining room, ruffling my hair as he passed me. "Don't touch my hair," I said, my mouth filled with the scrambled eggs as I swatted his hand away.

       "I can do what I want," Seb said as he sat down in the chair beside me. Sara set a plate in front of him and he gave her a smile before he started eating it.

       Seb smiling this early? Something was up.

       "Is everything going okay with you and Artemis now?" I asked. It has been over a week since it happened and oddly enough, Seb didn't seem affected by it. I thought things would have been awkward between him and Artemis, but they seemed more in love than ever.

       "Yeah, of course," he said. "Why wouldn't they be?" 

       I shrugged. "I don't know. I just thought it would have been awkward."

       "Surprisingly, it's not," Seb said. "Look, I really don't blame her for cheating on me. I was kind of a dick for ignoring you guys."

       I raised an eyebrow. "Kind of?" 

       "Okay, okay, I was a huge dick," Seb said. "What Artie did wasn't right, but I am partly to blame for it. I should have answered when you two called me, especially because I promise I would be there for you. But I still love her and I can't imagine my life without her. And that's why I'm going to do something I've been planning on doing."

       "Get a haircut?" Gemma spoke up.

       "What? No," Seb said. "What's wrong with my hair?"

      "Oh, nothing, nothing," Gemma lied before she began stuffing her face with food.

       Seb frowned as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Nothing's wrong with my hair, right?" he asked.

       I looked at him and tilted my head. "Well, it looks a bit uneven...." I said. Seb gave me a flat look. "I'm kidding. Wait....Are you going to sell your motorcycle because Artemis hates it?"

       "No, I'm not doing that either," he said.

       "Ooh, I know," Ty said. "You're going to take her to a hotel, put some flower petals on the bed, and f--"

       "Ty," Sara said in a warning voice.

       "Uh, and have fun playing video games," Ty finished.

       I snorted. "You mean, frickle frackle?" Cleanest way of saying having sex without Gemma knowing what we were talking about.

       "No, I'm not doing that either," Seb said. "Although, that wouldn't be a bad idea....Anyway, I...."

       "You're going to college," I said. "Congrats, Seb!"

       "No!" Seb said. "I'm not doing either of those. I'm going to ask Artie to marry me, alright?"

       The dining room was quiet then. Sebastian was going to propose to Artemis, even though they were nineteen? Then again, a lot of people got married young and are still together. Besides, I could see them working out.

       "Can I be the best man?" I asked.

       "What? No, I'm going to be the best man," Ty objected.

       "Yes, Seb is totally going to pick the guy that hooked up with his ex-girlfriend," I said sarcastically.

       "What? You think he's going to pick that guy that hooked up with his current girlfriend?" Ty shot back.