Chapter 24

Chapter 24

       "No," Seb said, glaring at the tie in my hand. "I'm not wearing that."

       "I'll choke you with the tie if you don't wear it," I threatened.

       "Do it."

       "I will."

       "My child will be fatherless."

       I groaned. "Seb, just where the damn tie! You already planned on wearing the tie, so just put it on!"

       Seb scowled as he ripped the tie out of my hand before tying it around his neck. I thought he would have been in a good mood at least today, but he seemed to hate everything and everyone. He complained about little things and I was in the mood to punch him in the face.

       "Why are you so moody?" I asked.

       Seb sighed and rubbed his forehead. "I'm worried, Dax. I'm worried she'll say no or leave me at the altar."

       Ty snorted. "Yeah, right. Sebastian, that girl loves you so much. You really think she's going to leave you at the altar?"

       Seb looked down and played with the end of his tie. "I'm worried that she doesn't actually love me."

       "Why would you think that?" one of his groomsmen, Ian, asked. "You boast about her all the time. 'Oh, Artie is so beautiful'. 'I love Artie so much.'"

       Seb looked at me before looking back down. I sighed, knowing that it must have been because of what happened between me and Artemis. "Seb...."

       "I know, I know," he said. "But, remember what I told you after it happened? About our break up?"

       "You think she still....?" I didn't finish the sentence because I didn't know if Seb told anyone else about it. I think it was just normal for Seb, or anyone, to worry on their wedding day. "Seb, you have nothing to worry about. I know Artemis loves you, and you love her. I bet you anything that she's worrying just as much as you are."

       "But she knows I love her," Seb said.

       "And you know that she loves you," Ty pointed out. "Besides, if it doesn't work you, your fetus will always draw you two together."

       "Way to make him feel better," I said sarcastically. "Seb, ignore that loser."

       "I will fight you," Ty said.

       "I dare you," I said, narrowing my eyes.

       My cell phone suddenly rang, so I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the caller id. I answered it, wondering why Isadora was calling. "Hello?"

       "Hey," Isadora said. "Quick question, is Sebastian freaking out as much as Artemis?"

       "She's freaking out too?" I asked.

       "Yeah," Isadora said. "She's worried that Sebastian is still mad because of what happened between you and her?"

       I walked away from the other guys so they wouldn't hear the conversation. "Tell her she has nothing to worry about," I said. "Seb wouldn't have proposed if he was still mad about that. He loves her so much."

       "Okay, I'll tell her," she said. "It's hard to calm her down. We're all trying, but she's freaking out."

       "Put her on," I said. "I'll try calming her down."

       Isadora handed her phone to Artemis. "Hello?" Artemis said in a shaky voice.

       "You okay?" I asked.