Chapter 18

Chapter 18

       I was starting to feel less horrible and guilty over what happened. A week had passed and I was starting to eat again, so Seb was happy about that.

       Isadora had been coming over almost every day after school just to hang out, though we cuddled a lot since I was in a mood to stay in bed. I loved cuddling with her. I just felt so comfortable and relaxed with her.

       "So," Isadora said as she sat down beside me in English. "There's a party on Friday. Want to go?"

       "I don't know," I said. "I haven't really been to a party before."

       "There fun," she said. "Well, most of the time. Some are just stupid."

       "Where exactly did you here the news of this party?" I asked.

       "My cousin's friend," she said. "My cousin goes to a different school, but her friend goes to this school. Her friend is throwing it and said that anyone from either schools are invited. On the downside, it's my old school and knowing my stupid so-called friends, there going to be there. But I really want to go, just not alone. So, want to go?"

       "Depends," I said. "I will if you do my homework for the rest of the month."

       "Deal."

       I snorted. "I was joking."

       "About the party or the homework?" she asked.

       "Homework," I said. "I guess I'll go if you really want to."

       Isadora smiled at me. "Thank you, Dax. You'll have fun, I promise."

       "I better," I said.

       For English class, all we did was do a worksheet which we both finished a few minutes before the bell. When it rang, we went to the cafeteria and sat at our normal table.

       While we were eating, Collin and his friends decided to walk up to us. "Oh, it's the schizo," he said with a smirk.

       "That really doesn't bother me," I said as I continued eating my lunch. "By the way, I think you have a little something on your nose."

       His smirk turned into a glare. "You really don't want to piss me off," Collin said.

       "If you don't want me to piss you off, then stop trying to bug me," I said. "It's a two way street, dude."

       Collin ignored me before looking at Isadora. "Hey, gorgeous."

       "Did you not learn your lesson from last time?" she asked. "I won't be afraid to punch you again. Although, kicking you in a certain place might be more satisfying for me."

       "Ooh, playing hard to get," Collin said with a smug smile. "I like it."

       "Fuck off," I snapped at him.

       Collin looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Aww, someone gets touchy if I hit on this pretty lady."

       "I'm serious," I said. "Stop hitting on my best friend."

       Collin gave me a fake pout. "Sorry, no can do. She's just too beautiful."

       I was about to get up from my seat, but Isadora grabbed my wrist to prevent me from doing so. "Just ignore him," she said. "He's just trying to get a reaction."

       "Well, he is getting one," I said. I looked at the douche bag again. "Just leave my best friend alone before I get even more mad."

       "Oh, right," he said. "Better not piss off a schizo. Could be dangerous."