Chapter 29

Here's a picture of Dax rocking his head bandanna. cx

Chapter 29

       Seb pulled into the driveway of the school and stopped for me to get out. "So," he said. "What are you going to do today?"

       I sighed. "I'm going to have to go along with it."

       "Or you can try convincing her that you're her boyfriend," Seb said.

       "I can't," I said. "I tried telling her that Collin isn't her boyfriend and if I just tell her that I am, she won't believe me, especially because of the way I acted yesterday. But, Roger suggested that I just act the way I did when we were just best friends and it might remind her that it's me she loves. And if Collin starts acting like his normal self, Isadora will finally realize that she actually can't stand him."

       "I guess that makes sense," Seb said. "To start off, you should probably apologize to her for the way you acted, even though you really didn't do anything wrong."

       "I know," I said. "You coming?"

       "I have to get a visitor pass from the office," Seb said.

       Today, my school was having a sports day for all the senior students, and family members were allowed to come help or even watch, so Seb was coming along. Mostly to help me keep my cool since I was probably going to want to hurt Collin badly.

       I got out of the car and headed into the school. I walked around a bit until I found Isadora at her old locker. We did share lockers before the accident, but I was just going to let her have her own locker again. 

       "Hey," I said.

       "Oh, hi," she said.

       "Look, I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday," I said. "I just wasn't in a good mood yesterday because I got little to no sleep and I just took it out on Collin. I'm sorry."

       "It's okay," Isadora said. "You did look awfully tired yesterday anyway. Did you just go to sleep late?"

       "Uh, actually no," I said. "I couldn't really fall asleep because of the voices."

       "Voices?" she asked with furrowed eyebrows.

       "Right, you forgot," I said. "I have schizophrenia."

       "You....you do?" she asked. "And I was being so rude to you yesterday. I'm so sorry."

       "It's fine," I said, even though it really wasn't. Having her take Collin's side over mine, having her believe him over me, hurt a whole lot.

       "No, it's not," Isadora said. "I was being really rude and I didn't even know that you were just having a rough day because of schizophrenia." She wrapped her arms tightly around me. "I'm so sorry."

       I hugged her back tightly, missing the feeling of having her in my arms. I hated what happened. I was hating it so much, and I was hating feeling this way.

       Someone cleared their throat behind Isadora, so we pulled away and my jaw clenched seeing Collin there. "Why exactly are you hugging my girlfriend?" he asked.

       I hated when ever he said that.

       "Relax, Cole," Isadora said.

       "My name's Collin," he corrected. I bit my bottom lip, trying my best not to laugh. Her forgetting my name was one thing, but forgetting Collin's was just hilarious.