25) Woe is Me

Woe is Me

         My life was coming apart at the seams it seemed. The investigation was all over the news. The Man had fallen into a depression when That Woman never returned any of his calls. Jake was showing his true colors and being the little dick that we all known him to be.

            I sat in a park because the Fun House didn't feel like a place of peace anymore. This was the same park I use to come to with my mother. It was the same tree that we use to sit under. Hours at a time my mother and I could spend under this tree. Not talking not even noticing the other, just in our own heads, just working out our own problems. When you moved, when you stood and walked away it seem as if all of the weight that was crushing you was released somehow.

            It has been three years since I been to the park, since I sat under the tree, since I had care about anything at all. I closed my eyes and allowed the world to rush over me, to rush pass me was more like it. Then my peace was shattered when I heard someone scream. I stood quickly and looked around when I saw a girl backing away from a tree not far from where I was.

            She tripped over her own feet falling on her ass and still moved back. I started walking over to her not to offer her any help but just to see what had gotten her so shaken in the first place. I stopped at the tree she was at looking down at and frowned Anger boiled inside of me at the sight in front of me. Two bodies were on display, posed in a sexual manner. But I didn't care about that. It was the two bodies that I care about.

            The police had been looking for these two for weeks now, for weeks there has not me hide nor hair of them and now here they were, Dan and Alyssa. Alyssa and Dan stood in frozen death before me. I was mad that Dan had been unearthed but more so I was pissed and hurt that someone would dig up Alyssa and do this to her. I wanted to push Dan away from her. I wanted to cover her since the sick freak thought a nude Alyssa was more suitable for this.

            “Hey! Hey you! What are you doing there?!” Someone yelled and I turned around seeing some random stranger looking at me as he was moving quickly over. I looked back at the two bodies that were posed in front of me.

            “Skylar Carright on your knees.” Ross voice came from nowhere and I noticed that I was surrounded by cops, all pointing their guns at me, all making their way over to me. I rolled my eyes as I put my hands in the air and got down on my knees. Someone came up behind me shoving me to the ground and pulling my arms behind my back. I could feel the cuffs pinch against my skin as they tightened them around me.

            I was walked to a car and put in the back then taken to the station. I yawned since I had to go through this nonsense again. I thought they were after Jake. I thought they though I didn't have the balls to do this. I was walked to a car and shoved inside as a few of the cops stayed behind to deal with the bodies. I looked out the window at Alyssa's body still the way I left it as the police photographed her in that manner.

            Once again I was in the hot seat. This time it was the FBI off the back. They were just sitting there not saying anything to me at all, just watching me. No they were waiting. No doubt about it, waiting for the M.E report about the bodies. Yes I killed Dan but they couldn't know that and they didn't have Raven so there was no way they could tie me to that. Also how could I ever kill Alyssa? Ross came in with a folder and handed it to one of the agents and was about to leave when they motion for him to stay.