11) Q & A

50 votes until next upload

Q & A

   I sat at a table in the cafeteria with Jade and Jake. Jade has been a good little bitch as of late but I knew with her it probably wasn’t going to last long. Jade was pretty don’t get me wrong. I’m sure I could have tons of fun with her and maybe I will sooner or later. But my eyes were on another. I turned and looked at Alyssa as she walked pass. She was angry today.

            Angry that this is the third day in a row her friend Sara hasn’t showed up for school.  Who among us had the heart to tell her that she wasn’t coming ever again? Not I said the Sky. Alyssa eyes found mine as I watched her and she gave a smile and walked over to our table. I turned from her looking ahead at Jake who was rushing through the homework he neglected the night before.

            Jade was frowning when she said Alyssa came over but when Alyssa spotted her she frowned as well. I looked at one and then the other. I didn’t know much about Jade but I couldn’t think of a reason why Alyssa wouldn’t like her. Something happened between the two girls. For this reaction to each other something had to have happened.

            “Hi Sky.” Alyssa said twirling her finger around in her hand. I looked at Jake not more than two weeks ago she was asking me to pass notes to him. Now she stood at the table as if I was the only one that matter. As if I was the only person that sat here. I was drawn out my word when a tray was placed in front of me. I looked to see Dan standing backing away after giving me my food. Yeah enough dog that had been trained.

            “Hey Alyssa.” I said and she smiled her smile was beautiful. It was rare and special and this time the first and maybe the only time that it was for just me.

            “I haven’t seen you around a lot.” She went on to say but I haven’t missed a day of school yet. I wondered what she was meant by that statement. I frowned at myself. I was reading into this when I should have just enjoyed the fact that Alyssa THE Alyssa even took notice of me.

            “I’ve been around.” I played it cool giving a slight smile. 

            “I was worried about you.” She said and I felt Jade touch my shoulder. I didn’t even look over at her as I brushed her away from me.

            “No need to worry over me.” I said and she reached down and laid her hand over top of mine. I looked from our hands to her eyes and back again.

            “You want to go and do something together sometime.” Alyssa said and I couldn’t help the smile that played at the edge of my lips.

            “Sounds like fun.”  I said and frowned when the mutters of the lunch room started to quit down. I turned around and saw Ross and some new guy followed but three cops in uniform. They walked with purpose and they were heading for me.

            “Skylar Carright.” Ross said and I looked at him. “You need to come with us.” He said and I was pulled from my seat. The cop pushed me against the table and started to pat me down.

            “Careful where your hands go.” I warned. “Call The Man.” I told Jake when he was just sitting there looking at me and he nodded slightly as they pulled me away from the table and started to leaning me out of school. My would be walk of shame had the teachers and students alike standing around in halls and watching me. I could hear them muttering. No everyone wanted to remember who I was.