9) Bodies

50 votes until next chapter

Bodies

   I sat at dinner with The Man and That Woman. As always it was the awkward silence that I do so enjoy on these rare moments we sit and eat like a ‘family’. The only noise was the sound of fork touching plates and the background noise of the news from the TV.

            “Late Breaking News.” The reporter said and drew my eyes away from the bland meal in front of me to the TV. The shot of a body bag being taken away was showed as the reporter spoke. “The body of Jason Tomas has been found today.” She said as a picture of Jason was shown on the screen. I pushed my chair away from the table and The Man looked at me.

            “Where are you going Skylar?” The Man asked me.

            “I’m finish and I have homework to do.” I answered looking him in the eyes daring him to question my answer. He held my glaze The Man just like me never one to back down first.

            “Go and do your homework Sky.” That Woman said and both of us shifted our eyes way from each other and onto her at the same time. I look little joy in the fact that she was on my side. Instead of saying anything at all I walked away going to my room. Once the door was locked and I knew that no one was listening in I picked up my phone and called Jake.

            “I’m in the middle of something Sky.” Jake panted breath came out.

            “Stop fucking for a second and listen.” I hissed and I heard moving around on the other end.

            “Ok what’s up?” he asked I could hear the serious edge in his voice responding to my own.

            “What the fuck have you done?” I yelled and then remembered to lower my voice.

            “What are you talking about?” Jake sounded confused enough for that to be an honest reply. He didn’t know what I was talking about.

            “They found Jason’s body.” I said.

            “That’s impossible you burn them all.”

            “I don’t know how. I haven’t gotten around to his yet. Have you been to the Fun House?”

            “Of course not. I don’t go near your little toy shop without your say.” Jake said and I chewed on my bottom lip trying to think about who could have taken Jason. Who was trying to screw me over? “You talk to you little bitch.” Jake said and I frowned at the word bitch. He had a point though. If Jake was innocent then Jade was left. My new puppy wasn’t house broken yet I see. I didn’t utter a goodbye only hung up the phone and grabbed my keys.

            I went down the back stairs and out the side door to avoid questions for The Man. I didn’t have time to play his game today. I was going to get Jade. I was going to teach her why I was master and she was slave. I got in my car and drove across town to her house. I parked my car in the dark and sat inside waiting for her. After a text I knew that she had better come. It took all of five minutes for my door to open and Jade to slide in.

            “What’s up.” She asked and I looked over at her and then pulled off. The ride to the Fun House was done in deadly silence. My anger simmering like a pot of stew. I pulled up to the Fun House parking and getting out. Jade got out as well and I grabbed her arm and pulled her alone. She didn’t protest as I took her to the same room I trained Dan in. I pushed her onto the table and when she tried to get up I held her down by the throat. “Sky….” She whispered my name and I strapped her down to the table.