24) Friends, and Family, and Death oh my

Friends, andFamily, and Death oh my

  I sat in my living room with The Man and the That Woman watching some bullshit program about ancient Rome on the History Channel. My phone buzzed off and I looked down at it to see a text from Jake.

   Jake: We need to talk. I frowned as I read his text wondering what it could be that he needed to speak to me about. Last I checked I haven't spoken to Jake since Jade got away. I haven't  been in the Fun House since that day either.

   Sky: About what? I texted back not sure I was in the mood to deal with my friend today. He had been a moody little bitch lately and I wondered if it was because the investigation was dangerously close to him. I have been a good friend, since they found his body I have loaned him Rick to help him beat the charges.

  Jake: Fun House 30 mins. His reply explained nothing and my frown deepen.

  Sky: Meet you there. I texted back standing up and making the eyes of The Man and That Woman fall on me.

            “Where are you going?” The Man asked and I looked over at him.

            “You know that place to do this thing.” I answered and walked away. I drove to the Fun House and waited in Jake's Kill Room. It was a good twenty minutes later when Jake came in. He hardly said anything as he walked passed me and took a sit. “So you wanted me here I am.”

            “How long have we been friends Sky?” Jake asked me and I shrugged. I wasn't the type to keep track of something like that. “Since forever it seems right.” He said and I let out a breath.

            “You called me here in the middle of the night so that we could take a walk down memory lane.” I said and Jake shook his head no.

            “You’re getting reckless Sky. You're getting messy.”

            “Speaks the boy they can't even clean up behind himself.”

            “You burn the bodies Sky. You don't bury them in the garden.” He said frowning at me as he sat there.

            “What are you so worried for it's not your body?” I said and he let out a hissing sound at me.

            “You're my friend Sky.” He said and I yawned.  “You’re so annoying.”

            “You're worrying over things that have nothing to do with you. I will be fine.”

            “How can you be so sure?”

            “The greatest hunters never allow themselves to be prey.” I said and stood up. “Night Jake.” I said and walked away. I wasn't even sure what that talk was about, not sure what it was that Jake had wanted from me. No clue why he called me here in the middle of the night. Just to be annoying. Just to piss me off maybe. Mostly that was all it was.