26) Dirty Cops

Dirty Cops

   "You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

            "I could not help myself. It is my nature." The scorpion said.

            It is in man's nature to self-destruct. There is a small voice inside of each of us that teaches us all self-hatred. That nagging little voice that tells us to destroy all that we are. To smash and burn everything that we have ever created with our own two hands. Just like the scorpion seals his faith we as men seal our own as well.

            I was out of breath, a deep gush in my leg leaking blood leaving a trail for Andrew to follow, but most of all making it harder for me to run. I needed to get there. I needed to make it to the control room. Raven was waiting for me in there and once I had him in my hands I could end Andrew's little game of cat and mouse. I leaned against the wall taking a break looking around to see if I had been found yet. I took this time to cut off a piece of my shirt and tie it around my wound. I heard footsteps running through the hall but no one should have been in that one.

            With one look behind me I ignored the other footsteps make a last mad dash for the control room that held Raven. I went in the room slamming the door shut behind me and looking around like a madman for the only person, the only thing that was yet to betray me. I didn't spot Raven in a corner that I know I left him. My mind was looking for the reason for this. It wasn't like Raven could get up and walk away on his own. I bit my lip looking around for something anything to defend myself with and coming up short.

            The door opened and I saw him standing there eyes holding madness deep within them. There was a blood lust in them to match my own. I smiled at this sight, because I wanted this kill. I smiled because I have wanted it for a while now and didn't even notice. He was broken and beaten but at the moment I was too. I was defenseless and yet at the same time I was ready for what was to come. If death was to be had death is what we both shall receive.

            “Looking for something.” a voice said that froze me and I turned around to see….

Twelve Hours Earlier

            I sat in the darkness of my room not because I was depressed or anything but because in the darkness the still of all things tend to come to light. There were many things that I needed to think about. Everything has gotten out of hand. All at once it seems everything went to hell. I needed to rethink a few things. I needed to get out of the hot seat. I needed a new game. I stood up and walked out of my room. Lately these days it has only been me in this house. The Man has been off who knows where, maybe finding himself a new whore. Jake had been avoiding me. And Jade was still MIA though I would find her soon enough.

            I came out my house to get in my car and saw Ross standing across the street. He wasn't doing anything just standing, leaned against his car watching me. I frowned when he took a sip of his coffee and waved at me. I gave him the finger and got in my car driving away. At first I was headed for the Fun House but one peek in the rear view mirror showed that I was begin followed. I made a U turn not dumb enough to lead them to the one place I didn't want them anywhere near.