Initials {30}

Davey had gotten surgery on his back. Today was his first day back to school. Being the persuasive woman she was, his mom had made sure that by going to summer school and working his ass off, he could graduate to the next class.

Davey walked in with me to the school. He was in a back brace and looked awkward. I knew I would have to protect him until he healed enough to fight on his own. A lot of people would attack him now that he was vulnerable.

“Davey!”

Sam came over to us with a shy smile. “How are you?” she asked nervously. “Fine,” he grumbled. “I, uh, I heard that you woke up a few weeks ago,” she said, allowing her hair to cover her face.

“I had to have back surgery. The car fucked up my back,” he said. She frowned deeply. “It wasn’t your fault Sam,” I reminded her sternly. “Nah, it was Michael’s. And as soon as I’m out of this fucking brace, I’ll kick his ass,” Davey growled.

                “But until then, you’re too hurt to do anything,” I said casually. He shot me a hate filled glare. “Want to bet?” he growled. But I knew he couldn’t do anything. He was in a shit load of agony. When he was home, all he did was lie down. He looked pathetic.

                “Well, I hope you feel better,” Sam said shyly. Davey nodded and Sam turned to me. “Can I talk to you Eli?” she asked as the bell rang. I sighed. “Sorry Sam; I have to help the cripple get to his class. He can’t carry any of his stuff or walk right. After school, okay? I’ll come to your house after I help Davey get home.”

                After school, I took Davey home. I helped him limp into his house and make his slow way into his living room. He was in too much pain to walk up the stairs to his room.

                He squeezed his eyes shut tightly as he carefully laid himself on the couch. He relaxed once he was comfortable and looked at me. “What are you gonna do? Go fuck her?” His front door opened. “Davey, I’m home!” his mom called and came into the living room.

                She smiled at him lovingly. I shrugged. “Not sure. But I should probably head over there.” I waved and left his house as his mom sat next to him.

                I went to Sam’s house and knocked on the door. Mickey answered and reluctantly let me inside. He hated me and I knew it. It bothered me a little. He could keep me away from Sam. He could convince her to stay away from me.

                I went to Sam’s room. She smiled at me softly. “Sit down,” she said, nodding at her bed. I took a seat and she sat next to me after closing the door.

                “Look, I’m sorry. About everything. I like you a lot Eli,” she whispered, not looking into my eyes. “Are you…do you want to be my girlfriend Sam?” I asked, gently grabbing her chin and forcing her to look into my eyes.

                She smiled. “I would love to Eli.” “What about Brad?” I asked, frowning. She shook her head. “Don’t worry about him. I broke up with him,” she said.

                Smiling, I leaned down and gently pressed my lips to hers. It heated up and we laid on the bed making out. She helped me get my shirt off and I tugged at hers.

                Sam suddenly pulled away. I sat up slowly, confused. “What?” I asked, a little hurt. I was Eli O’Dell. Girls always wanted to make out with me or have sex with me.

                “Eli, I’m not interested in sex,” she said quietly.

                                                                                ***Sam’s POV***

                I couldn’t look at him. He was going to break up with me. I was so stupid! All he wanted from me was sex. Why was I doing this? Why was I agreeing to be his girlfriend? He was going to dump me.

                “Okay,” he said, sounding amused. I looked up at him. His expression was as amused as his voice. “You’re not mad?” I asked. He laughed violently. “Mad? Why would I be mad?” “I thought that you…” my voice trailed off as my face heated up.

                “Thought I demanded sex from every girl I date? I don’t do that. If you don’t want to have sex with me than just say it. We don’t have to. I don't pressure anyone into anything they don't want to do.” He smiled and me and pulled me close. His bare skin was smooth and warm.

                We began to make out again. I couldn’t help it. Eli made no attempts to remove my clothes or anything. We just made out on my bed. It was so out of character for me. I felt so slutty, but I just...didn't want to stop. There was just something about Eli. 

                “SAM!”

                We turned to face Mickey’s furious form.