Initials {21}

“You despicable little shit!” dad screamed. He smacked me to the ground. “It’s all your fault! I fucking hate you!” He beat me more and more. I violently fought against the screams rising in me.

                “You ungrateful shit! You just have to look like her don’t you? You don’t deserve to look like her! She was beautiful! You’re ugly! You’re an ugly shit!” he cried. He sounded crazy.

                Dad finally stopped and stormed out of the house. I could hear the sound of his tires screeching as he sped away. I slowly got up and wiped blood off my face as a silent tear rolled down my cheek.

                Why did he blame me? I hadn’t been with her. It wasn’t my fault. My mom had just died two days ago and my dad wasn’t even trying to help me through it. I picked my hand up to wipe the tear away and stopped myself. No. It would be wrong of me to do that. I shed a tear for my mother. She at the very least deserved to know how much I missed her already.

                I walked to the bathroom to inspect my face. I did look like mom. Exactly like her. Anger rose in me. Dad was right. I wasn’t worthy enough to look like my mother. She had been such an amazing person. Such an inspiration. Beautiful on the inside and the out.

                “I hate you,” I whispered to my reflection. I hated it. I hated that ugly bastard glaring back at me. With his scars and bruises. The track of a tear on his cheek. He was hideous. Unworthy of life. Who the hell would ever love that ugly bastard?

                “Stop looking at me!” I screamed. My fist shot out and collided with the mirror. It shattered and intense pain exploded on my fist. I yelped and drew my bloody fist back. My head whipped around in fear and I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my badly bleeding fist. A shard of glass had also cut my face.

                I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the phone. Dad was going to kill me for breaking the bathroom mirror like that. I quickly dialed Davey’s number.

                “The fuck do you want?” he grumbled. “I need a ride to the hospital!” I said. Fear exploded in my voice as I spoke. He was silent for a second. “Be right there,” he said at last.

                I was breathing heavily, biting my lip and trying not to cry from the pain. It felt like an eternity before Davey was knocking at my door. I followed him out to his uncle’s car. I noticed that Davey had a nasty bruise on his face.

                They drove me to the hospital.

                I stared at the scars on my knuckle. The next day, I had dyed my hair black. I didn’t want to look like my mom. My mom was beautiful. I wasn’t.

                I sighed. Did Sam think I was ugly? Surely, she must. She probably thought Brad was the hottest thing ever. I clenched and unclenched my fist, watching the scars flex. My mind wondered off to thoughts of Sam.

                God damn Davey to the darkest pits of hell.

                Why did he have to ruin everything?

                I would never be with Sam now.

                                                                                ***Sam’s POV***

                I sat in my room feeling lonely. I had just messed everything with Eli up! Brad had kissed me and Eli had seen. He must have thought I’d kissed Brad back. I hadn’t. Brad was extremely attractive but…well, he just wasn’t who I wanted.

                Eli.

                Eli was who I wanted.

                I didn’t want to use Brad to make Eli jealous. That would be horribly cruel. I sighed. What was I thinking? Eli didn’t want me. He just wanted sex.

                Mickey’s angry voice was exploding from downstairs. I got off my bed and walked down, curious to see what was going on.

                Eli O’Dell stood in my doorway, arguing with Mickey. “Go away! You’re not allowed in my fucking house!” Mickey yelled. “Please just let me in!” Eli said, anger in his voice. His eyes found me. “Sam!” he cried. “Please let me in! I need to talk to you!”

                My heart thudded. He needed to talk to me? Was there still a chance I could be with him? I glanced at Mickey. Why wasn’t he letting Eli in?

                “Go away!” Mickey shrieked. Eli glared in disgust. “Shut up! I know what Davey told you and it isn’t true,” he snapped. Huh? When had Mickey talked to Davey? And what had Davey said to make Mickey hate Eli this much?

                Mickey roughly shoved Eli. “You stay away from my little sister,” he growled dangerously. I froze. “Mickey, what are you doing?” I asked shakily.

                He glanced at me. “This bastard is just using you Sam. I’m not going to let him. Please go back upstairs.” I shook my head. “No! Just let him in!”

                Michael appeared behind Eli. “Hey Mickey,” he said. Eli glared at him in hate. “You bastard! You lying, backstabbing piece of shit!” he roared. Michael raised an eyebrow.

                He shrugged his shoulders as Mickey let him into the house. “Yea. You should’ve known better than that Eli,” he said, a smug look on his face. I was confused. What was going on?

                Eli clenched his fists tightly. “If there’s anyone you shouldn’t trust, it’s Michael! He’s just a lying, good for nothing bastard!”

                Mickey got even angrier. “Don’t insult him you man whore!” he said and shoved Eli before slamming the door and locking it. Eli began to pound his fists on it.

                Michael came over to me. “They’re just using you Sam. Eli and Davey. They both are. Don’t trust either of them,” he said softly. He smiled at me. “I think of you as a little sister. I don’t want them to hurt you, alright?”

                My eyes locked on the door. No…he was wrong. He had to be wrong. But…Eli did have a reputation as a man whore.

                I bit my lip.

                                                                ***Michael’s POV***

                I kept the brotherly smile on my face but inside, I was cheering. I had gotten her to doubt Eli and Davey. Good.

                Eli, Davey, Chance, and I were all friends. Hating each other? It was an act. An act so that I could get in with Brad and help them fuck up his life.

                But Sam…man I wanted to date her. And if I kept sticking up for Brad in front of her and helping Eli and Davey behind her back, I was never going to get her. So I tricked all three of them. I got Brad to kiss her so that I could use that against him later. Davey scared her away on his own, the dumbass. And Eli? Davey and I had sold him out to Mickey as a man whore. 

               Mickey wouldn't let Eli get near her. He was way too overprotective. That left her open. Fair game, as they say. And now it was my turn to get with her.