Initials {6}

No. Of course I wasn’t. I was just having a good time with a nice guy. I smiled as I beat him and he laughed. “You win,” he said ruefully. “I noticed,” I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and walked over to the video games. “Nazi zombies?” he offered, holding up CoD.

“Never played before,” I said with a shrug. He grinned and tossed an Xbox controller at me as he popped the disc in.

We sat on the beanbag chairs as he started the game. “How do I shoot? Where are the zombies?” I asked nervously. He pointed to a few buttons. “Click this to shoot, this to reload, here’s how you move, here’s how you aim, hold that down to run. Hold X to revive me and to repair the doors. Here’s how you knife them. Knife them until level 3.”

“Wow that’s a lot to remember,” I said. He laughed. “You’ll pick it up pretty quick. Trust me.” We could hear noises coming from the game. “Here, you cover that door. Stab them when they get close and then repair the door.”

His character ran to block a different door as I watched a zombie approach. I stabbed it a few times and it fell to the ground. “Congratulations! You’ve just killed your first Nazi zombie!” he said, laughing.

We managed to stay alive until level 5. Eli leaned back on the chair and smiled. “Nice job!” I blushed. “Thanks,” I said, looking away as he put the controllers back and shut off the game.

“There you are Sam,” Brad said, coming into the room. “Chill out Brad. I was just teaching her how to stab zombies.” I giggled.

Brad rolled his eyes and came over to me. “You thirsty?” I nodded. “Everything is probably spiked,” Eli said. Brad glared. “Not if it’s closed you moron. Come on Sam.”

Brad helped me up and led me to Davey’s kitchen. He opened the fridge and handed me an unopened soda. I opened it and drank some as he led me into the living room again.

“Brad! Come here for a second!” Paco called, motioning him over. Brad rolled his eyes. “Will you be alright?” I nodded. I didn’t want him to leave me, but I didn’t want to stop him from having fun. “Alright, I’ll be right back. I promise.”

He got up and went over to talk. “New girl. Come here.” I looked up at Davey. “Um…alright,” I said nervously, a slight blush forming as I followed him down the hall. He led me into a room and gently shut the door.

I looked around the room. I was assuming it was Davey’s.

It was painted black with a messy bed shoved up against the wall. There was an iHome dimmed with an iPod hooked up. The floor had a black carpet. There was a desk shoved against the wall. There was a shelf above the bed with a couple books and pictures. The nightstand next to the bed also held a few pictures, a pack of cigarettes, and empty soda cans.

“My room,” he said and led me over to his bed. We sat down and he offered me a cigarette. “Um, no thanks. I don’t smoke,” I said shyly. He shrugged and tossed it back on the nightstand.

“Where have you been the whole party? I was looking for you,” he said. He was looking for me? Why? “I was with Eli. Downstairs.” Davey rolled his eyes. “Of course.”

I noticed he had been moving closer to me. “Well, now that you’re here…” He moved in even closer and I nervously bit my lip.

He leaned in and I backed away. “I think there’s been a mistake,” I said and got up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back down onto the bed next to him. “No. There’s no mistake.”

“Davey, please leave me alone,” I begged and tried to get up again. He held me down on the bed. “Chill your face bitch. Let’s just have some fun.”

The bedroom door opened and Brad looked furious.

“Let her go,” he hissed and stormed over. I jumped up and ran over to him. “If you ever get your hands near her again you fag,” Brad threatened. “You’ll what?” Davey asked, raising an eyebrow. “I’ll fuck up your sorry face.”

Davey rolled his eyes. “Haven’t heard that before,” he said sarcastically. Brad glared and pulled me out of the room with him. “Are you alright?” he asked in worry. I nodded. “Yea,” I mumbled. “I’m sorry I left you,” he said and hugged me, causing me to blush furiously.

“Come on. I’ll take you home.” I nodded and followed him towards the door. “Where are you going?” Eli asked, coming up to me. I kind of wished he’s put his shirt on. His ribs were poking through his skin. He was unhealthily skinny. “Home,” I said. “Why?” “Because your stupid friend Davey needs to learn to keep his hands off,” Brad growled.

Eli’s eyes widened. “Aw man!” he cried. “I’m sorry Sam! Are you alright?” I nodded. “Yea, I’m fine,” I said quietly. “Go away Eli,” Brad snapped and pulled me out the door. He texted for a minute before sighing.

“Sorry. I bet that wasn’t a very fun party.” I laughed. “No, it was pretty fun.” At least with Eli it was.

Brad led me home and smiled. “You can come in if you want,” I said, trying to be polite. “Thanks,” he said and I led him inside. “Sam you’re home already?” mom asked. I nodded. “Yea. This is Brad. Brad, this is my mom.”

Mom spun around and smiled huge. “Oh Sam! You have a friend!” I groaned. Brad laughed furiously. “Mom leave them alone,” Mickey said, rolling his eyes. Brad's cell rang and he answered it. “Hello? No, I‘m at a friend‘s house. No.” He got angry. “Stay out of my room ya bitch!” He sighed. “Yea, yea, yea. I’ll be there soon.” He rolled his eyes. “I have to get home. My stupid sister is stealing stuff from my room. See ya Sam.”

I waved as he left. “How was the party?” Mickey asked when we were upstairs. I shrugged. “It was alright. I had fun.” I had had so much fun with Eli. Maybe Quinn was wrong. Maybe Eli and I could be friends. I sure hoped so.