Chapter 27 - I Don't Care

Chapter twenty seven - I Don't Care

*Matt pov*

I woke, remembering every piece of detail from last night. I stayed in bed for about five minutes them decided I should go downstairs. I rolled out of my amazing bed then checked the time. 10:13. I ran my fingers through my hair and dragged myself downstairs. Josh was sprawled out on the couch, in a deep, deep sleep. On his stomach, one arm hanging off the side, mouth open. Attractive.

I went to the kitchen, getting a glass of water and two extra strong advil's, knowing Josh needs it. I walked to the living room and put the water and pills on the coffee table.

"Yo, Josh?" I said loudly and he didn't even move. I sat on the arm chair beside the couch. "Josh!" He groaned and his eyes flickered open. He looked around, realizing he's at my place. He looked at me and mumbled something, his head most likely pounding. He arched his back, propping himself on an elbow as he rubbed his eyes.

"Uh, fuck." He mumbled then groaned loudly, letting his head drop.

"There's an advil there." Josh looked up at the coffee table. He sat up on the couch and focused his eyes. He took the two advil's and drank the whole glass of water.

"Thanks." He said with a voice crack.

"Anytime, man." Josh let his head fall into his palms then he ran his fingers through his messy hair.

"Uh, my head." He groaned.

"Remember anything?" I asked.

"I remember leaving the party and everything before it but nothing after that." He told me and I can hear the sadness in his voice.

"Oh." He looked at me.

"What did I do after?"

"You came here, drunk as fuck at four in the morning and... said stuff."

"What stuff, Matt? I'm a horrible drunk and you know that." He said, wanting me to tell him the details.

"You told me... Stuff. Personal stuff."

"Can you make things a bit clearer here? I only have half of my brain with me right now." Josh told me, rubbing his eyes.

"You said you've been doing something for a while. That's how you know Haley, or what ever her name is." Josh squinted his eyes, trying to put the puzzle pieces together. I didn't want to say the word. It bothered me. He finally got it.

"Oh." Josh said with a sigh.

"I didn't know, man. I'm sorry. Does Faith know?" I asked, not really knowing what to say in this situation. He shook his head, his eyes watering up. He leaned back on the couch, stretching his neck back as he rubbed his eyes. "That stuff can kill you, Josh. It's pretty much killing you slowly as we speak."

"Matt, I know!" He said louder, sitting up now. "I'm such an asshole and I ruined my life with everything!" Tears rolled down his cheeks and he brushed them away.

"Did you do it with that girl?"

"Huh?"

"Did you have sex with that girl, Josh?" I asked. He sat there, looking guilty. "You did?"

"No! We didn't do anything like that. We just did... Things." I want to ask him what things but I can't and I didn't. I assumed 'fooling around'. "What do I do? I'm seriously scared right now, I don't want to loose Faith."