Chapter 16 - Perfect

Chapter sixteen - Perfect

*Faith pov - Monday*

Yesterday, I was home alone all day. Mom went to work early in the morning and all I did was sit on the couch. I actually slept. For the past two nights, I've been sleeping. I don't dream or have nightmares. I sleep. I slept through the whole night, and it was amazing.

I'm walking to school. I don't know if Josh will meet me at the end of my street or just meet me at school, so I'm not expecting him. Spending a day with Josh was what I needed. I need Josh. He makes me happy and all warm inside. He's my saviour.

"I heard someone got a boyfriend." I stopped walking and turned around to see Matt coming over to me with that cute smile. I chuckled.

"Yea, I guess."

"You guess?" He asked, walking beside me now. "That douchebag didn't stop talking about you yesterday."

"What?"

"Josh went on and on about how amazing you are, beautiful, perfect... He said you're making him crazy. Not in a bad way, obviously. And he told me he would never thought he would find a girl like you." I smiled and watched the sidewalk pass from under me. "He changed since you came here, y'know." Matt told me.

"What was he like before?" I asked even though I pretty much knew the answer.

"Well, he was very attached to girls. I mean, every guy is but he was more... He liked to go to parties a lot, and there's nothing wrong with that, but he would just take advantage of girls." He said. If I didn't know that before, I would never have guessed Josh would do that. I would've thought he would be too touchy and inappropriate. But he's not. He's so gentle with me. He makes no unwanted moves. He's not inappropriate... "He must really like you." I chuckled. Speaking of the devil, I saw Josh cross the road, walking to us. "If Josh asks, I said nothing." Matt whispered to me.

"Got it."

"Hey." Josh said as he wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my temple softly.

"Hey." Matt said. Josh looked at him weirdly.

"Did I interrupt something?" He asked.

"No, no. We were just... Y'know... Walking to school." I told him and he chuckled.

"You guys were talking about me?"

"Pfft, no." Josh looked down at me with a smile.

"Mhmm."

-

We all walked to school and it was funny. Matt and Josh fooled around the whole time. They fight over the stupidest things. Matt left us, walking to his locker that's down that hall. Josh slid his fingers between mine.

"Isn't your locker back there?" I asked.

"Yea, I have time." I smiled and Josh walked me to my locker. "I think I should take you out." He told me as I unlocked my locker and he leaned on the one beside mine.

"You always take me out..."

"No, I mean on a date. An official date." I looked at him.

"A date?"

"Yea. Isn't that what people do these days?" He asked sarcastically.

"Yea." I said with a smile, searching for my books.

"So, I'll take you out this weekend on a official date." He told me as I grabbed both of my books for first and second period, and shut my locker, leaning back on it.