Chapter 15 - Gentle

Chapter fifteen - Gentle

*Faith pov*

I haven't been this happy in so long. Josh is taking me out today and I can't wait. I don't care where he's taking me, I just wanna see him again. My mom's home today so I have to move around her to go out. I really don't want to tell her about Josh because I don't think she likes him at all.

I'm already dressed, makeup is done, hair is straightened and I'm ready to go. I went downstairs because Josh should be here soon and I really don't want mom to see him.

"Going out?" Mom asked as I walked past the living room.

"Uh, yea." I said, walking into the living room. Mom's sitting on the couch with her glasses on, book in hand.

"With who?"

"Josh." I told her the truth. She thought about it for a minute.

"Do I trust you with him?" She asked me, but like she already knew the answer.

"I hope you do. Mom, he's just taking me out." Mom looked at me and thought about it some more. "You don't trust me with a guy after everything that happened, do you?"

"Hun, it's not like that." She didn't sound believable. I sighed and glanced out the window, seeing Josh walk down the street.

"Well, I'm gonna go 'cause he's here." Without another word from either of our mouths, I slipped on my shoes and left. I didn't lie, but I also didn't go into detail so it's fine. Everything's fine.

"Uh-oh. What happened?" Josh asked as I came up to him.

"Just mom. It's fine. I don't think she trusts me with any guy after everything that happened." I groaned. "Whatever. Anyways, where are we going today?"

"Uh, I don't know. Let's just walk around and see where we end up." Josh told me as he slid his fingers between mine, holding my hand. I got butterflies just from that.

Josh and I walked around for a while. We walked through town and stopped at the small coffee shop. We also went in the petit pet store, petting dogs and cats, looking at birds and hamsters. This one little black dog jumped on Josh and couldn't stop licking his face. It's was so cute but I couldn't stop laughing. Josh had to go to the bathroom to wash his face, too.

So, we're walking around again, hand in hand, and ended up walking down the path, leading us to the school. Somehow, our feet always bring us here. I love this tree though. It's like my best friend. It's pretty too. It's not a huge tree so the leaves just hang above Josh's head. It's bark is thick and rough. And it's a young tree, too.

Josh sat down under the tree, leaning against the hard bark.

"C'mere." He said. I sat between his legs and he wrapped his arm around me, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"We should name this tree." I told him.

"Jeff."

"Jeff? How do you know it's a boy?" I asked.

"Jeff can be a girls name, too."

"I don't think it is."

"Well, is the tree a girl or boy?" He asked.

"Uh, I don't know." I paused. "It's a girl. I have a feeling it's a girl."

"Then name it... Stacy."