Chapter 2 - Cody

Chapter two - Cody

*Faith pov*

Dad was nowhere to be seen this morning and I couldn't care less. It was quiet in the house and I loved it. I cried myself to sleep last night and I didn't eat. My parents never stop fighting. Maybe I'll just leave and live somewhere else. Kill myself. Live with a relative, like my aunt. My aunt's actually really cool. I barely see her even though she lives, pretty much, up the street. Mom and her hate each other. Maybe that's why.

I'm a bit early for school today. I don't know why. I probably walked faster than usual. I took out my science text book and my notebook.

It shocked me when a guy leaned against the locker that was beside mine. It was Cody.

"I don't think I properly introduced myself." He said with a cute smile. "I'm Cody."

"Faith." I told him as I shut my locker.

"You're new here, right?"

"Uh, Yea, moved here in the summer." I said. Not like he cares. Nobody cares. He smiled.

"I was thinking of asking this new girl to sit with me at lunch, but I don't know..."

"Well, I think she'll say yea." I told him and smiled shyly.

"Thanks. I'll tell you how it goes." He started walking off. Is this a joke? Probably. He's most likely a jerk and just wanted to pick on the new ugly girl. I sighed.

Cody turned a corner then came back around. He put his hand on my locker and leaned on it, acting cool.

"Hey there." Cody said.

"Hi."

"This girl, this really cute girl, told me if I asked you for lunch, you would most likely say yes..." He told me.

"Oh, really?" Cody smiled and nodded. "Sure." I answered and just in time because the bell rang.

"I'll see you in science." Cody walked off.

God, I'm bad with guys...

Kat popped out of nowhere and I jumped.

"Shit..." I mumbled.

"He just asked you out didn't he?" She asked. I have to get used to hanging around her. She's so... Enthusiastic.

I shrugged.

"Not really. Just sitting with him at lunch." I told her.

"Do you know how many girls who want to just fuck him on the spot?"

"I don't wanna fuck him though." I said.

"Well, I know but I'm just saying, you're lucky."

I'm not lucky at all. Step in my shoes for a day.

Kat and I walked to science. As I walked inside the lab, Cody smiled at me. I faintly smiled back and took my seat in the back.

Mr. Carlson started reading from the text book and I doodled.

Cody is actually really hot but I don't know... I just... Don't feel like dating I guess. I guess I'm not used to being around people that, well, want to be around ME.

-

Lunch came and I'm kinda nervous now. I haven't talked to a guys, especially hot guys, in a long time. Why does Cody even wanna talk to me? He's hot as fuck and I'm ugly as hell. There's so many cuter girls here. Even the nerds here are probably cuter than me.