Chapter 22 - Stressful

Chapter twenty two - Stressful

*Faith pov*

I walked upstairs to see where mom is.

"Mo-o-om?" I called. "Where are you?" I turned down the hall and peeked in mom's room and didn't see her. "Mom?" I opened the door and stepped inside. I looked over to her closet and my heart stopped at the sight of my mom hanging in her closet. I stood there and threw my hand over my mouth. I'm frozen and I can't move. I'm petrified. I tried screaming or even taking a small step back but I didn't move at all.

Mom hung there from the neck by a thick rope, swaying side to side slowly. Her eyes are staring forewords and she's pale; white. Her neck is red and purple, disturbing. I can't look away. My eyes are glued to her and I can't do anything but stand here and cry.

I removed my hand from my mouth and screamed.

"Faith!" I sat up quickly in Josh's bed, hot, sweaty and crying. I looked at him. He's sitting there with his worried, blue, puppy dog eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck and bawled on his shoulder as the sight of my mom hanging in her own room not leaving my mind.

My stomach turned, twisting like I'm twisting water from a cloth. I hopped off his bed and ran to his bathroom, feeling my stomach rise. I lifted the toilet seat and got on my knees. I haven't eaten in days so my stomach almost had nothing to throw up. Burning liquid left my stomach, my throat catching on fire. Josh came in and kneeled beside me, flushing the toilet then brushing my hair from my face. I fell back and leaned against the wall. I pulled up the sleeves of Josh's sweater and wiped my forehead, hot as hell. I wiped my tears but the kept coming and they didn't stop.

It was so real. It was worse than what actually happened.

Josh sat beside me and took me in his arms, holding me close. I'm shaking, my head hurts, I'm dizzy and I can't catch my breath yet.

"I'm so hot." I mumbled. Josh brushed back all of my hair and held it like a ponytail so I could cool off. I had to wipe my face again and I tried taking deep breaths. "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you." Josh kissed my cheek and I tried to stop crying. "You don't have to talk about it." He informant me.

"She was hanging in her room." I mumbled and choked a cry. I looked down to Josh's arm that was wrapped around me and I took it, looking at his scars and cuts. Some were fresh, really fresh like they were done last night or even tonight. I ran my finger tips over them lightly and Josh flinched at one point. "Can you stop?" I asked. "I don't want you to go. I can't lose you too." Josh dropped my hair and rubbed my back.

"Faith, it's not that easy. But I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay with you forever, I swear. I love you too much to leave." I cried into his chest, feeling loved for once and horribly sad at the same time. "It was just a dream." He reminded me. "It was a mean, stupid, asshole dream."

"I-It wasn't a dream. That happened in a different way, though. Mom's gone." I mumbled. Josh kissed my forehead and sat there holding me as I cried.

"C'mon, let's go back to bed." Josh helped me up. "You ok?" He asked. I nodded and went over to the sink, washing out the gross taste in my mouth. "I... I need to change. I'm too hot." I followed Josh out of his bathroom and he passed me my bag. I searched through my bag and took out the tank top Josh packed for me. He went over to his bed and put on the lamp for light. I turned around and took off Josh's sweater, not wearing anything under it. I put on the tank top and crawled onto bed, sitting up. Josh felt my forehead. "Faith, you're burning up." I shook my head.