Chapter 23 - Hope

Chapter twenty three - Hope

*Faith pov*

I slept for the rest of the day yesterday and cried multiple times. I had another bad dream about mom last night. It was horrible. I don't want to think about it right now. I don't EVER want to think about it.

Josh and I are about to leave so I can go home and pack. I need to stop calling it home. It's not home anymore. It's sad. It's like I'm moving out. I AM moving out...

Josh came out of his bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist loosely, his hair wet from the shower. Curse that low towel. He walked over to me and kissed my forehead.

"You ok?" He asked. "Did you sleep ok last night?" I shrugged to both of those questions. I actually feel horrible. I feel sad. Depressed. Frustrated. Stressed. Just horrible. I am happy that I'm going to see my aunt today though. I think after I pack everything, I'll feel better. I hope.

It's going to be hard to fall asleep at my aunt's house without Josh. I'm so used to falling asleep in his arms. What am I going to do if I have a nightmare again? No one's there to comfort me.

"Let me just get dressed and we can go, ok?" I nodded. Josh went over to his dresser and grabbed his black skinny jeans then he walked into his closet.

Just think positive. There's positive things in my life now... Right? Going to Sherrie's house is a positive thing. It's almost a new beginning for me, kinda. I hope she doesn't live far from school. Ew, school... I forgot about that. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to catch up. I'll probably take the rest of the week off, just because.

"You're zoning out, Faith." Josh said with a chuckle. I looked up and Josh was walking out of his closet, putting on his shirt as he did.

"Oh." I mumbled. Josh sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist. "I miss mom." I said as a warm tear escaped my eye.

"I know." Josh kissed my cheek. "But after we pack, you can see Sherrie and you guys'll have some fun."

"Can you visit tomorrow? I want you to meet her."

"Of course. I really want to meet her." I smiled. "C'mon. We should get going." I nodded and we both got up. Josh took my hand as we walked upstairs. "We're going to go pack Faith's stuff now." Josh called. "I'm taking the car."

"Ok. Drive safe." Corlynn said from somewhere in the house.

"I'll try." I chuckled.

-

We pulled up into my driveway. Or... THE driveway. I really don't want to be here. Too many memories. Too many bad memories.

"Ready?" Josh asked. I nodded and got out of the car. Josh followed and I took out my house key and unlocked the door. We stepped in and kicked off our shoes.

"Uh, do you think you can go downstairs and grab that big suitcase and a couple boxes?" I asked.

"Of course. I'll be right back."

"Ok." Josh opened the door to the basement and went downstairs. It feels like just yesterday I moved into this house. I walked upstairs, heading to my room but I stopped at mom's room and looked inside. It's exactly the same as it was a couple days ago. Mom's book is still on the floor. Pill bottles are still laying there. And her bed is unmade. I hate seeing it like that. She always made her bed every single day before she went downstairs. I walked over to her bed and picked up her book, placing it on her side table. I took the pill bottles and threw them in the trash can with tears in my eyes. I took the bed blankets and pulled them up then fluffed the pillows so her bed is perfectly made. I sat on the edge of the bed and took a deep breath as tears rolled down my cheeks. I looked on her side table and her favourite necklace was laying there. I picked it up and admired it. It's a heart on a small chain. Just a plain small metal heart. She used to wear it every day. I put it around my neck and clipped it. I wiped my face, realizing I'm starting to cry harder.