Epilogue

Seven years later, Chicago

The cemetery of West Chicago has never been so empty. All the tombs were deserted and not a single flower was placed near them.  It was winter, the worse winter that this big city has endured for more than 50 years, and no one dared to go outside with all this snow and cold wind.

Still, at the entrance of the cemetery, a woman in her late twenties was struggling to walk in the snow. She was holding her red coat and her white scarf, hiding her soft neck and her long brown hair, her foot crushing on the dead leafs under the snow, and the wind chilling her face.
Like usual, she tried to avoid looking around her the hundreds names attracting her gaze, and kept walking straight to the end of the cemetery, to a certain grave. The only one which had flowers, even though they were under the snow and probably dead by now.

She placed herself in front of the grave, the cleanest of all, before touching the name written in the rock with her gloved hands.

"Good evening, Jeff." She said, like talking to a real person. A bright smile appeared on her cold face, the only mark of warmth on her.

Still, she bit her lips, chapped by the cold. She won't cry this time, not tonight. It was a special date for her, and for them.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't visit sooner." She apologized, before placing a new bouquet of white flowers on the grave, replacing the old one."He took all my time, organizing his birthday party. You should have seen him! He's so excited about tonight, and has finally chosen a "cops and rubber" theme party. Because of the snow, a lot of his friends won't be able to come tonight, but some will. And you know him! He needs more to be down. I'm sure he's now jumping everywhere, or chasing Anders whose playing the rubber. I'm sure you would have laughed so much! My parents really think he's going to be a policeman in the future. I'm trying to tell them that he's too young to decide yet, but I won't change them. He has only turned six after all."

She stopped, laughing at the  memory of her son chasing her old friend, before talking again.

"Six years already...He's growing fast."

Caressing the name on the grave once more, she felt her tears threatening to fall.

"His eyes are as blue as yours now. Sometimes, I have this impression to see you in him. I miss you, I miss you so much..."

Still holding back her tears, she heard her phone ringing, taking her out of her thoughts. She took a look at her phone and smiled.

"It's a text from Leia, Peter's wife. I'm sure Liu is out of control, running all around the house while waiting for his friends to come and play."

The young woman leaned forward, and placed a small kiss on the cold grave.

"I love you." She whispered to the person as if he could hear her. "See you soon."

Then, she got up and left the cemetery to go back to her beloved family, and her amazingly excited little boy. One day, she will have to tell him the truth about his father, about who he was. She will have to face a new problem again, and sooner than she was expecting. Will she be finally free of any problem one day?

But still, she was happy. The happiest mother and woman that ever existed.

And, seriously, Emilie Legrand had already faced worse in life, right?

THE END

Okay...So this is it, guys. These two words make me feel so satisfied, and yet, so sad at the same time because I know it's the end of this adventure.

I hope that the last chapter, as well as this one, satisfied you. I worked so hard on them, as I know the last chapters are the most important about a story.

If you are wondering how Jeff can be in a cemetery, just remember that Anders are one of the worse criminals out there. He knows everyone and can do what he wants. He had some relations to make this happen. He's alive, of course, as well as Peter. Both are quite injured. Peter found a new wife, had a daughter, but stayed close to Emilie as a friend. And Anders kept an eye on Emilie and her child, Liu, as well. He sees him as a son actually. Concerning Emilie's pregnancy, she knew it some months after Jeff's death, and she decided to keep the baby and love him as most as she can. She decided to stay in the Us, as she had too many memories there. She was broken after Jeff's death, but had to move on for her child. But still, she wanted to be able to visit Jeff whenever she wanted too.

I'm sorry if some of you hate when one of the main character dies, so I'd like to explain it here. To me, Jeff is a cruel man, and even if Emilie has changed him, he still has his urges and blood lust. He's crazy, and even if not with her, he still is. He can't live happily with a woman, in a house, have a job or even raise a baby etc...Emilie would have wanted that, and that would have been a problem. Well, to me, it's impossible that they live happily ever after. I know some fanfictions made the end like that, and they did it so well and coherent. But, to me, I just couldn't. It wouldn't be possible, so I chose this end. But, don't see it as a sad ending. Jeff is dead, true, but he had learn to love and care for someone. He has been saved in a way, and Emilie too. She was so shy and down in the beginning of the story, and she changed to a confident woman and mother thanks to him. So please, don't be sad! I want you to keep a good impression about this story.

I'm now looking for your feedback about this epilogue and the whole story. I know most parts are bad written, and that I still have to improve. But I do hope that you liked this story and that you will remember some moments. Please, tell me if a particular scene touched you, I'll be glad to know :)

So...Now it's time to say goodbye to this book. It was so nice writing it, and it was the first book I've ever wrote. I started it on February, and I've written more than 50 parts, so I'm quite proud (self satisfaction)! I'd like to thank every single reader who gave this story a chance, despite all the grammar mistakes and some plot problems, to all of you who kept reading it until here, and to all who supported me by sharing this story, voting and commenting. It made me so happy to receive all this support, and now I know how it feels to create something with your imagination. I've learnt a lot thanks to you, and I can't thank you enough for all your kind words. Am I doing too much? I don't think so, it's the end of something incredible.

For now, I'll keep going on with my other story, Nightmare, and finish it too. I'm going to edit Human Again as well. I've improved a lot during this adventure, and now I need to edit the beginning. Then, I think I'll write another book. I don't know yet if it'll be about Creepypastas or not, I have no idea. But I do hope you'll be in that adventure too, if you want to.

Thank you.

xx