47. I'll change for you

Hi guys!
Thanks for being here again. As I already told you, this story is ending soon. There are only three chapters left - including this one - and then there will be an epilogue. I'll try to update really soon, like each two days, and then the final chapter and the epilogue will be out the same day.
But now, please enjoy this chapter!
xx

***************
Jeff's pov

The day has finally come. I'll finally kill Gary with my own hands, making it the most painful death of all time. I've dream of killing him since the moment I knew he was threatening Emilie, and especially when he held her captive in that shed three weeks ago. He threatened her in front of me, hurt her, and nearly killed me. He won't die peacefully. I'm going to stab him so many times that even the cops won't be able to tell if the remaining pieces are from a human! I know I'll enjoy it. Oh how I'll enjoy it! I'm craving for his screams and his blood so much, that I'll take my time to let him feel everything. I want him to feel all the pain he gave me last time, but a thousand times more. I want him to beg me to let him go. He has to remember his place, no one threatens me, no one!

With anticipation, I lick my famous knife. The usual metallic taste of dry old blood fills my mouth, and I can already imagine the taste of his bastard. I know my sanity is slipping away right now; my urges are growing just by thinking about tonight. I've waited so long, so long for my revenge! It'll be fantastic, I'll make it fantastic! I want blood, blood, BLOO-

"Jeff? What are you doing?"

The sudden voice of Emilie puts me out of my thoughts, and immediately my mind becomes clear again. My sanity seems to be back, and I no longer shake in anticipation and blood lust. I even feel ashamed – I don't want her to be scared of me again. I hide my knife back in my hoodie, hoping that she didn't catch me liking it.

"Hum, nothing." I lie to her, hoping she would believe me. I walk to her and place my hands around her, slowly embracing her. The smell of her shampoo always drives me crazy, and I've slowly become addicted to it. Her everything drives me back to a normal self. She's my medicine, my sanity, my...angel.

I slowly take her face in my hand, and kiss her. I want her to know how I feel about her. She's mine, after all! All mine now, and I won't let her run away again. The second I enter her mouth with my tongue, deepening the kiss, she pushes me away and makes a disgusting sound.

"Uuurg!" She screams, wiping her mouth with her sleeve. "What have you eaten? There's a strange taste in your mouth."

Embarrassed, I chose to shrug my shoulders, in an attempt for her to forget. Jesus, I need to be careful with her, or else she'll just be disgusted by me. "Sorry", I mumble.

She looks at me with a suspecting look, and I feel like she knows what that taste was. She knows me by heart now, and every day I'm surprised – and thankful – that she still accepts me as her friend and lover.

What have I done to merit her?

I don't know, but hell I won't complain.

When I was about to hug her to smell her wonderful scent again, the usual alarm of the kitchen's clock both surprises us. I turn around and see that it's already 8p.m, which means we're going to leave pretty soon, before 10. I feel the lust and excitement rising inside of me again, but everything disappears when I notice Emilie's tensing features. She's still so scared about tonight, I feel it in her every moves. She's not natural, and she has spent all two days with me. I won't complain, but usually she likes to be alone and thinks a lot. Yet, she's never leaved my side since the battle has been planned. I know she's frightened of fights, of blood and of murders. And I know that she's scared to lose me again. She shouldn't be, I can't die. Last time was different, I wasn't careful enough and she has been taken. Now, I have everything in hand and it won't happen anymore. I'll be able to fight with everything I have, and trust me, it will be fantastic!