26. Choice

Hi! Here is the last chapter of the Part 1 of the story! Part 2 is going to be a little different, and there'll be a time skip. I hope you'll like it as much as I do.
Enjoy,
Xx

*****************
Emilie's pov

Jeff's hands are pressed against my neck, making tears threatening to fall from the pain he's causing me. I know that this time I'm screwed, I've looked into his past without asking his permission, and Anders averted me from doing so. Jeff's reactions are always unpredictable, especially in these moments. I know I've messed up for real good, and I don't know which trick I can use to prevent him from strangling me this time.

"What do you think you are doing?!" He screams in my face, and I swear I've never been this scared of him. His eyes are full of an insane fury, and I can read in his expressions, his features and in his words that he wants to kill me for good this time.

"I....I just...I thought" I try to speak but the words can't escape my mouth because of the pressure I'm feeling around my neck. He decreases the pressure around it to let me speak, and I know it's my last chance to get out of here alive.

"I wanted to know you better!" I scream from despair, hoping he will understand me and have mercy.

"To know me better? Who do you think you are?! Mind your own fucking business!" He punches the wall next to me in anger, and I hear a loud crack when he did so.

Surprisingly, he takes a step backwards and I can finally breath normally. He seems calmer when his eyes lay on the photo of his family, and I can see the usual sadness in his eyes, but stronger this time. He takes the photo in his hands, taking a better look at it. It's like he has forgotten about me in that moment, and I'm tempted to run. But I know it'll sign my death. So I just lay here, contemplating him - the former Jeff. The one I've seen in rare occasion, the one I feel an attraction for. I'd be a fool to deny that statement much longer.

I don't know why, but seeing him so helpless and sad makes me forget about the whole live or death situation. I slowly head towards him and take his hand in mine, before examining it. His right hand has been blooding since his arrival, and I'm sure the noise was bones cracking. He gets his eyes off the photo to look into mine, and directly into my soul.
What I see in his eyes is breathtaking. I can see a firework of emotions : sadness, incomprehension, fear, pain and even...care. I feel the bond between him and I stronger than the previous days, and it's like it has always been there since the beginning.
I need to help him, physically and mentally.

I get up and take the towel which has been on the floor since my arrival, and carefully place it around his hand, before applying some pressure. I need to make the blood loss stop soon or he might pass out. During the whole process, I feel his deep eyes on me, watching my every movements. When the blooding finally stops, I can't find the courage to look up, fearing of what I might see in his eyes. I've never felt attracted to anyone as I am with him right now, and I'm afraid. I'm so afraid right now.

It's so wrong, I know it. He has threatened my life multiple times, injured me more than once, even kidnapped me, and here I am, taking care of him and nearly falling for him.

My thoughts are suddenly cut when I feel his fingers lifting up my face. When he's done, I'm meeting his eyes once again. I'm losing myself in his eyes, and I'm afraid I can't escape them anymore. Jeff pulls his arms around me, making our bodies closer, and I do the same. We're holding each other like our life's depending on it. It feels so...natural, to be in his arms. I can't help but ask myself when do things have changed like that.

I can feel his face moving closer to mine, and soon enough I feel his hot breath against my skin, making my hair rise in anticipation. I want to feel his lips against mine so bad. Thus, when I feel him hesitates only 2 centimeters away from me, I kiss him first, making the space between us disappearing.
I don't know why I've done that, it just feels so...natural. Normal. Like I'm meant to. I feel his lips moving against mine too, slowly in the beginning, but then faster. He's still holding me tight, and his kisses are rapid and ecstatic. The same addicting feeling is filing me again, and I swear I'm drowning in his arms, asphyxicated. My heart is beating faster and faster as each seconds are passing, and I can hear his heart beating as fast as mine. I have this impression that I might pass out from all the emotions I'm feeling, so I hold him tighter. I've never felt so needed, so loved in all my life.