31. So much more

Hi guys!
This is a short chapter, in which not a lot of things happen. Yeah I know, I shouldn't say that, but I just wanted to tell you that action is coming really soon.
Soooo don't be disappointed by this chapter because it is necessary ;)
Enjoy,
Xx

*****************
Jeff's pov

Blood. That's all I can see everywhere I look. Blood, insides, organs...
I walk carefully, avoiding the legs and arms scattered on the floor, to go to the last room of this big house. I have already killed 5 people here : the parents and the three older children. I know there's one more, trying to suppress his cries, hiding under the bed where I can easily catch him. So useless. So stupid. So..human.
When I touch the knob of the door, I hear a small cry of surprise. I have stopped in my movement for two seconds, without making any sound, before bursting it open with my evil smile. I hear a loud sound, like if the boy has hit his head against the bed. Then, no more sound. I have to say this little boy is good at staying silent, and he's going to be even more silent when I'll be finished with him.

I slowly walk in his blue room, analyzing it. Stars are glued to the ceiling, shining and lighting the whole bedroom. Some are even present on his bed and on his wardrobe, decorating them. Posters of Jupiter and Mars are hang on the walls. I hear a strange noise from under my foot, and I'm surprised to see I've destroyed an astronaut toy.
By the toy, the stars and the posters, no need to say his dream is to become an astronaut himself. I kinda smile at the thought: Liu, my brother, had his "stars period" too.

I sit down on his bed, trying to scare him even more. I know he's under this, trying to save his poor life. Quickly, without saying a word, I grab him from under the bed and throw him on the floor in front of me. He's so surprised that he doesn't even scream. But when he sees my face, he lets out a wonderful scream. A scream of fear. Of despair.
I slowly approach my face to his, eager to see all his emotions, while he's petrified on the floor.

"Hello little boy."

When he doesn't reply to me, I put my knife under his chin, making him shaking even more.

"It's not polite to ignore an adult, didn't your mother teach you that?"

He's still frozen in place, looking everywhere else than me. I'm sure he's trying to find a way to escape, and for a boy of what, 6 or 7 years old, I'm quite impressed.
To remind him of my presence, I stab him in the right leg, revealing a scream a tone higher than the previous one.

Yes, scream for me. Scream! SCREAM!

I push him onto the bed, making him lay. I press my knife deeper on his throat this time. It's time to finish him off.
When I'm about to do that, I hear him speak for the first time.

"Wait...wait you can't kill me!" He screams with pain a little with his high pitched voice that makes me want to make him suffer even more. I nod my head telling him to continue and explain what he wants to say.

"I can't...I can't die before seeing the stars. I promised my mum and myself that I won't die before doing so!"

My heart skips a beat. While he was saying so, Liu's face appeared in front of me. He thought the same before, when he was young.
Before, I killed him.
In one second, without acknowledging it, I had already sliced his throat open. Blood is pouring from it, and his face hasn't move an inch from when he was speaking.

I get up and leave his room, leaving him laying dead on his bed, looking at nowhere in particular with his eyes wide open. I slowly turn around, saying my killing sentence, "Go To Sleep", before leaving him behind.
I quickly leave the house, thinking about this boy. I'm sure I'll remember him for a long time, the boy who wanted to see the stars.

*****************

After 30 minutes of walking, I'm still far away from the woods that lead to the manor. It's deep in the night, and my hoodie's preventing people to see my face. Even though I have blood on my hoodie, with the dark, no one can see it. Even if they do, I'll kill them in the alley right next to me.

I walk deep in my thoughts, not caring about my surrounding, when my eyes lay on something familiar. A playground. A park.

The park where I targeted Emilie the first day I saw her.
My heart skips a beat one more time. I stand still, still on the street, looking at the park, remembering everything.
Her features while she was laying on the grass, listening to some music. Her long brown hair when she was walking home. Her scared expression when she noticed me staring at her window. Everything came back to mind.

Without knowing it, I start to run. I'm running in a place I now know by heart, passing and pushing people on the way to go faster.
In some minutes, I'm there. In front of her former apartment, the one I used to scare her in. The one I used to watch her, the one I went to. In front of it, a "to let" sign is placed, which breaks my heart a little. Someone's going to replace her, like she never lived here.
Everything is locked, the door, the windows... I carefully unlock the front door with a key I had ordered to be done by one of the man from Anders' bar a year ago, revealing the place.

Nothing has changed since her departure surprisingly. They haven't moved anything yet. The bed is still done, the clean plates are still on the counter, ready to be tidy, and her make up is still on the table, like she was late and had to put her make up fast. I can smell her scent too, faintly, but still.
Everything is still the same since more than one year. She never came back here, when she left, and even after that.

I walk slowly in her place, looking at every single objects which was hers. I laugh a little when I see her notebooks all over the desk, remembering how she loved studying. Is she studying somewhere else? Or is she working, trying to find her place in the society?
I'm sure she'll be a respected woman in her work place, fitting perfectly in the company, while I'm here, the outsider. But I don't care, I'm not from this world anymore.

I carefully sit on her bed, before laying on it completely. Smelling her scent seems to calm me a bit, and I even grab her pillow to put it under my head. I'm sure she'd make fun of me if she sees me. I can easily imagine her screaming with her scared and disgusted face "What are you doing?!". She never understood me. She always seemed to be in this "death or life" situation with me, while, since the deal we made, everything changed. It was so much more than a deal or a killing for me. So much more.

And it still is.

After some hours, I finally fall asleep on her bed, her pillow under my head.