6. Run for your life

Emilie's pov

It can't be happening, it can't be happening! Not now, not to me.

I close my eyes for one second before reopening them slowly, only to see those scary eyes staring at me again, full of joy. This is not a dream. The man's really here.
He's not even a man. Just a monster.
Black straight long hair, pure white skin and a white dirty hoodie with... Is that blood on it?
And his eyes...they are black, totally black. Full of insanity and a lust I have never encountered before. It seems as if he doesn't even have eyelids, all I can see is his black big pupils. And his mouth... Red lips like it was burnt. Moreover, he has that permanent smile on his face. The skin has been pierced from ear to ear. This skin color, those eyes, this smile....He's inhuman. I even feel a little pity for him. How can you live like that? But the pity disappears when I look into his eyes, only for a second. He is the incarnation of hell itself. The nightmare I once did are nothing compared to what's in front of me right now.

It can't be happening, not to me. He's here to kill me, I can see it on his face. I can now put a name on what is in his eyes: blood-lust. He's still staring at me with those evil eyes, enjoying the fear I can assume is clearly written on my face. I quickly look at the knife he is holding in his right hand. It's covered in red. Fresh blood.  And mine will be on it soon if I don't move quickly.

The street behind him is too far from where I am actually standing. If I turn around and run to the front door he will easily stab me in the back. If I try to escape through the window where he is standing, he will also catch me. Dam, what can I do?

"Do not think about running away, Emilie." He says that with a cold tone, threatening me to try to escape. His voice is so low that it could terrorize you for life, and the fear inside me is rising every time a word escapes his burnt lips. The way he pronounced my name was terrifying. Like it was an insult, a disgusting thing.

"How do you know my name?" I ask, trying to save some minutes to think of a way to run. My voice cracked at the end, I don't feel confident at all.

He looks at me in amusement before answering in a strict voice that sent shiver down my spin. "You are not the one asking questions here. But just know that I know everything about you. Your name, your age, and even your personality."

For a moment, I was utterly scared. But he broke into my house earlier, maybe he looked into my laptop and find all these things? Maybe he is just joking?
I need to get out of here alive. I watch in horror as he climbs the window and enters my home. But I just stand here with fear. Why am I standing here?! I need to move. I know I need to do something, but his eyes on me are freezing me in place. Like he's the hunter and I'm the prey. The weak roe deer who stays in place with fear, staring at the hunter before getting killed. His gaze burning into my soul makes it nearly impossible to feel my muscles, to feel my body. And I lay here, in my room, completely petrified. 

Move, I tell myself. You need to move. Now! MOVE!

That seems to awake me, I start to run in the direction of the front door, showing the man my back. What a terrible mistake. In less than 2 seconds he grabs me by my shirt, pushes me on the floor, him on top of me. I am not even sure how he managed to get to me so fast, but he achieved to straddle me faster than light. His empty eyes are only 3 cm from mine, his deep black holes full of evil, staring at me with amusement, his knife near my throat.

"It wasn't a good idea to do that. Now I have to punish you." He was enjoying this, his voice is full of mischief, the only emotion radiating off of his inhuman body.

When I feel the knife pressed again my neck, I scream like crazy. I scream for my life, for my neighbors to hopefully hear me and call the cops. He rapidly puts his hand on my mouth, avoiding the sound. But I won't give up. I won't die without a fight, even if it is useless. Moving as much as I can like a crazy girl. I grab his shirt to remove his weight from my suffering body, but my attempt ceases when I notice more pressure against my throat. It's like before he was restraining himself but now all of his weight is on me. He's so strong. So much stronger than me. I can feel the tears starting to fill my eyes in defeat, while he just looks at me with disgust.

"Ah, I see you're already giving up, it was too eas-"

I spit in his eyes. He immediately lets go of me to rub his eyes. It doesn't take me 2 seconds to make my decision and run to the front door again. I hear him curse, still in the room. 

I run. I run as fast as I can. I don't know if he's after me or not, but I can't risk it by turning around. I run for minutes, with my heart beating so fast, sweat all across my face and my knees starting to tremble. I know that there's a police station just a few blocks away from here. I need to go there, or I won't live much longer. The tears in my eyes are preventing me of seeing where I am. But I don't stop. I hear people shouting and cursing when I bump into them sometimes but I can't care less. A psycho man is after me. He knows where I live, knows my name, knows me. Why me?!

I feel relief when I see the police station just a few feet away from where I am. I walk to it slowly, because I can't run anymore. I feel like my knees are dying, like my heart can stop at any moment. Everything in me is hurting. My heartbeat can be heard in all part of my body now. I start to enter the small gate when I hear a chuckle.

I turn around in fear and my heart stops once again when I see him. The monster. Of course he's here, standing in the other part of the road. I can't see his face but I can recognize his hoodie, and his aura. He has followed me, of course he has. He looks at me cruelly for intense seconds, like he's testing me about whether I go to the police station or not. Whether I will have the guts to defy him and make my situation worse. He shows me his knife, and I can read on his lips the words "You better not."

I'm not going to fall on his tricks. If I go with him I'll die anyway. So I just do what I have to do. I turn my back to him and enter the police station. I then hear an evil laugh, and I know I'm going to pay for that.