Chapter 27

Chapter 27

carolinelizabooty got a dedication for guessing the song right first! It was Brave by Sara Barellies!

Hope you all like this chapter(:

Sam's POV:
"What did I do this time?" Marcel's voice echoed through his cousin's house. I walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. My back was pressed on the hard door. I slid down a few inches. I felt Marcel knock on the door.

"Sam what did I do now?" He asked. I bit my lip nervously. He hadn't done anything. It was me.

"Sam answer the fucking question." He demanded. I jumped when I heard the venom in his voice. His warm, loving voice was gone and now replaced with a voice that I had only heard on the bad Marcel.

"It's not you" I whispered, while my lip quivered uncontrollably.

"Speak up when you talk." He ordered. I was speechless. One minute he was his normal self and another minute he turns into this monster that I didn't know even existed inside of him.

"No." I said quietly.

"What'd you say?"

"No" I said loudly and more confidently this time.

"You bitch." I heard him mutter under his breath. Sobs racked my body as the words echoed repeatedly in my mind. Is that really what he thought of me now?

"I didn't mean that." He whispered.

"I hate you." I whimpered. I felt my body shake as tears flowed out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry." He stated.

"What's wrong with you? You're so fucking bipolar now." I mumbled. I didn't want to hurt him, but I was just tired of all this mess. Tired of why he couldn't just let everything go and love me.

"I honestly don't know Sam. After the dare, I was so broken that I knew I had to change myself. Nobody liked the real me and you had proved that. So I changed. And when I did, everybody liked me. This Marcel talking to you right now, the good Marcel, had almost disappeared before you came skipping back into my life." He said. I was speechless. My mouth was dry and I didn't know how to respond to him. I unlocked the bathroom door slowly. I was met by a teary-eyed Marcel.

"Forgive me Sam? I can't lose you again." He asked with desperation written in his eyes. His cheeks were puffy and his eyes red.

"I'll try my hardest to not be the bad Marcel." He said, reaching for my hand.

"You promise?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Promise." He stated and cupped his hand on my face. He rubbed his thumb under my eyes, wiping away all the tears. I melted into his arms and as soon as I did, jolts went up my spine.

"I have to ask you something." He suddenly said, breaking the silence that had settled over us earlier.

"Go ahead." I whispered, my heart racing.

"No, not here. Follow me." He said, taking my hand. He led me down the hallway and out of the house. We walked towards his car and I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, but didn't object. I climbed in to the other side and he started the engine. The car purred to life and he backed it out of the driveway. We drove down the street and took a left. We drove for a good five minutes on the road until we reached a dirt road. Where in the world were we going?

Trees lined the road on both sides of us and when I peered into the forest, I came back with darkness.  The car bumped along small rocks and cracks in the dirt road.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

Marcel gave me a comforting look and murmured, "You'll see."

I shrugged and watched the road ahead of us. Suddenly, we came to a stop and Marcel signaled me to get out. He jogged over to where I was and slipped his hand into mine. I smiled as my worries washed away. We walked down the road, kicking rocks along the way. Marcel was telling me a story about when he went to his first popular kid party. I actually wasn't listening to much of it. I was just thinking about how perfect he was. How much I loved being around him. There was just something about him.

He had that one thing.    [see what I did there? ;)]

We approached a tall, large gate. Its ornate design curved into branches. Marcel walked over to it and put his foot on the bottom of it.

Once I realized what I was doing I asked, "Marcel what are you doing?"

"Climbing over the gate." He simply stated and reached for a branch of the gate.

"But aren't we trespassing?" I asked. I watched as his dark jeans expanded with his actions. His long legs went over the side of the gate. He has a nice ass...

"It's abandoned."  He said. I went towards the gate and just tried to open it. It swung open with a loud creaking noise.

"Are you serious? It was already open?" He asked with an annoyed look on his face. I burst out into laughter and shook my head.

"You should've just tried it first!" I said and he chuckled with me.

"I know you liked seeing me climb over though." He grinned. He took my hand again and I blushed.

"How'd you know?" I asked, smiling shyly. He had practically read my mind.

"Well considering the look on your face..." He said and I covered my hands on my face. My cheeks grew warm as I hid behind my hands. He removed my hands from my face and entwined them with his. He left a small kiss on my cheek. A comfortable silence settled between us as we walked down the trail.

I gasped as an old mansion-like house came into my view. Its windows and shutters were broken, the paint was peeling off in many places, there were vines growing on the sides of it and the roof looked like it would fall apart any second.

Marcel noticed my reaction and whispered, "Don't worry we aren't here to see the house."

"Okay good, because it's creeping me out." I said, letting out a breath of relief.

He chuckled and guided me to the back side of the house. I gasped as we came across a beautiful lake with trees surrounding it. The sun shined on the lake, making the water sparkle like a diamond. Birds chirped everywhere and the smell of the wooded trees reached my nose. It was so quiet, so serene here that I didn't want to leave.

"Come." Marcel said, taking me towards a tall shady tree. Ever since we got through the gate, his hand had never left mine.

I followed him to under the tree. I put my back on the tree and looked out at the beautiful view. Marcel faced me with his unfaltering gaze making me extremely insecure.

"Marcel you're missing out on the beautiful view." I notified, and pointed to the lake behind him.

"Oh I have an even more beautiful view here." He grinned. I felt my cheeks grow warm and I blushed like a madman. I wasn't used to all of these compliments and remarks after the dare.

He cautiously leaned in and pressed his lips on mine. Automatically, my arms went around his neck. He put his hands on either side of me on the tree I was leaning on. His tongue swiped my lips for entrance and today, I didn't refuse. Our tongues wrestled each other and I was feeling so many emotions right now. Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure this was love. He kissed me harder as his hands found their way to my hips. I put my hands in his hair and they got tangled in his curls, just like I loved to do. He broke the kiss and the sounds of our panting could be heard.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked. I know I sounded like a hormonal teenager right now, but that's what I was.

"Because I have to ask you something." He stated, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Okay ask." I responded. My mind raced with the possibilities of what he wanted to ask me.

"That day when I met you at the party, I noticed how your eyes lost that twinkle in them. But now it's back. Is it because of me?" He asked, staring profoundly at me.

I bit my lip. Was it because of him? I know I'd definitely felt happier when he came back into my life. So it probably was because of him. I also wondered about how he noticed all the little things. All the boyfriends I had in my life, never noticed the things he did.

"Yes." I slowly nodded. His face lit up and the smile I missed so much, stretched out onto his face.

"Well Sam, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked with excitement written on his face. My insides churned with anticipation. What do I say? I love him, but was he cut out for a relationship? What if the bad Marcel came and ruined it? My mind was giving me a thousand warnings but my heart was aching to say yes.

Then I remembered what my dad told me once. When he actually lived with us. He said, "Always follow your heart kiddo. The heart deals with the matter of love and love should never be denied."

"Yes. Yes I will." I decided. Happiness was clearly written on his face as he lifted me up in the air. He spun me around while I laughed uncontrollably.

He put me down and whispered, "Now I can do this whenever I want."

I opened my mouth to ask what, but I was cut off by his soft yet rough lips on mine.

And I knew I was in love.

Note: MAJOR FEELS RIGHT NOW. Comment yo feelings my munchkins!
Sorryyyyyyy for not being active! I don't know how I'm staying away from beautiful people like you c;

Guess the song for a dedication: "Let me be the one to light a fire inside your life. You can own me, you don't even know me, but I can feel you crying." <3

YOU PEOPLE ARE THE BEST. YOU MANAGE TO PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE EVERYDAY AND ITS UNBELIEVABLE HOW FAR YOU'VE GOTTEN ME. I LOVE Y'ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK- stargurl<3

(Vote if you ship Sam and Marcel with your hearttttt!)