Chapter 13

Chapter 13
 TiaJasminee got the dedication for guessing the song right first! It was Come & Get It by Selena Gomez.

(This has some words that are not 'appropriate' but I am writing in the character's point of view.)

I updated early, because I got the votes :)

 Sam's POV:
I ran down the hallway with tears streaming down my face. I was such a terrible person. The truth was, I hadn't been pretending. I really, sincerely liked him. It just took me a while to get to know the real Marcel. I have to admit, it was all fake in the first place, but slowly, things changed.

I liked him and now he hated me and probably wouldn't speak to me ever again

I pictured the situation reversed. If somebody did that to me, I would be so heartbroken. And that's when I realized the true meaning of what I just did.

*****

I got up and unlocked the stall. I had been sitting in the bathroom for what felt like hours. But I could hear the chatter of my fellow students outside and I knew lunch wasn't over yet.

 I slowly walked into the lunchroom. I probably looked hideous right now, with my mascara running down my cheeks and my hair a mess. Everybody's heads turned to me and I could hear muttering.

 I heard one whisper that was louder than it was supposed to be.

"Whore." The person said.

Then I heard another.

"Slut." Somebody else said.

What was going on?

I slowly made my way to my normal table and found Phoebe and Ethan's lips locked into a kiss. Anger surged throughout me as I watched my best friend and ex-boyfriend kissing each other's faces off.

I slammed my hand on the table in front of them and they slightly jumped and sprang apart. Ethan sent me a smirk and Phoebe just looked at me like nothing happened. That bitch...

"Can someone explain to me what's going on?" I said pointing to the people muttering all around me.

"Oh well when I told you that the whole school knew, they really didn't. They just found out. By Ethan." Phoebe said and grinned evilly. Ethan brought her in for another kiss and I turned around, disgusted.

"Why? That's my question. Why are you two doing this?" I asked them, sitting down at the table. They broke the kiss and looked at each other. Ethan nodded at Phoebe.

"Do you remember Irabella?" Phoebe asked.

*Flashback*
"Can I braid your hair?" A small girl with brunette hair asked me with a wide grin on her face. I could see gaps in her smile where she had lost two teeth. She was wearing an old-fashioned dress made out of some kind of fuzzy material and weird shoes.

"No." I said and turned around. Irabella had just moved from some country in Europe and she was so annoying. Don't get me started on how weird she was.

"Pleaseeee?" She asked giving me a puppy dog face.

"I said no." I said to her and she gave me a sad smile before returning to the other kids. I watched as she climbed up the rusty chain handles of a swing. I shook my head. You weren't supposed to swing like that!

*Vision changes and she goes forward a few years*

Irabella walked in the classroom wearing another one of her old dresses. She had her brown hair tucked neatly into plaits. She looked around the room and her eyes landed on a desk beside me.

"Oh no. Please don't come over here." I silently prayed. She smiled at me and took a seat beside me.

"Hey Samantha!" She said in her usual cheery mood. I pretended like I didn't hear her and talked to my other friend beside me. Her name was Phoebe and she had just moved here. She had pretty ginger hair.

"Sam I think that girl is trying to talk to you." Phoebe said pointing over my shoulder.

"It's okay. She's really weird. I wouldn't talk to her if I were you." I whispered into Phoebe's ear. She nodded her head and looked at Irabella.

"She is weird." Phoebe said quietly. I nodded my head and soon our teacher came in.

*Flashback over*

"Yeah I remember her." I said quietly. I regretted how mean I was to her, now. I had changed quite a bit when my father ran away with another woman. Which was after Irabella moved away.

"Do you know why she moved?" Phoebe asked, her eyes gleaming with what I recognized as hatred.

"No..." I said quietly.

"She moved, because of you! You were so fucking mean to her. You didn't think about how she felt! I was her only friend. After school, I would go to her house and she would tell me everything. She was such an amazing girl and a better friend than you will ever be!" Phoebe spat at me and I was in shock. Irabella moved because of me? Phoebe was secretly her friend?

"I... Never meant to hurt her like that." I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Sure you didn't. Hah. You'll know what it feels like how to not have any friends now." Phoebe said, sneering.

"Wh-what?" I asked, my mouth growing dry.

"I've set you up Sam. Ever since she left, I felt like it was my duty to make you feel how she did. She was really hurt bad. She felt like she didn't belong anywhere and nobody would ever like her. She even wanted to kill herself.  You must be wondering about Ethan. I was the one that Ethan fell in love with. One day, I told him about Irabella. He agreed to be your boyfriend and it hurt me so much to see you two kiss and everything, but I went through that, just for Irabella. When we heard that you & Marcel were put as partners, we felt like this was the perfect opportunity to get you and now it looks like we did well." Phoebe explained and I felt the air from my lungs be taken away from me. My whole life since Irabella left had been a lie? My best friend and my ex-boyfriend had betrayed me. My world was crashing and falling down. Everything had been perfect and now I know that it had been all fake. All a lie.

I didn't say anything else. I slowly got up and walked away from them. Every step I took made me harder to breathe. Time felt like it was passing extremely slow. The chattering of the kids around me filled my ears and slowly the sound went away. All I could hear was my heartbeat. I walked out of the cafeteria and outside into the area where we were allowed to hang out. As soon as my feet touched the pavement, I ran. Ran like I never have before.

If I hadn't agreed to that dare, everything would be alright right now.

But the thing was, that it still wouldn't have been alright.

Because everything had been a lie

Note: I bet nobodyyy expected that xD
So I bet yall's feelings for Sam have changed right now. Tell me what you guys feel? Comment!
But that picture to the side. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH ALKDJFOIDLFJD------>

 Guess the song for a dedication:
"Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone?
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer..."

1000 VOTES AND I'LL UPDATE :)

Love you all sooo much,
Stargurl<3