twenty six.

SEND MY LOVE.
026. | ❛ family gathering.

Running late to a gathering at her godparents house, Isabella made a straight exit to the door but was halted by a surprising visitor at her doorway.

"Sebastian, what are you doing here?" Isabella said pushing Sebastian out further from the door as she closed it from behind her.

"I wanted to check up on you." Sebastian smiled with Isabella walking straight ahead to her car in a quickening manner, with Sebastian following behind.

"We all know that's not the reason, so please spit it out because I'm frankly late to a family thingy." She halted turning around to look at him.

"Family thingy?" Sebastian chuckled, surprised that Isabella hung out with other people since she was always at home.

"It's at my godparents place."

"Well, in that case, let me tag along." Sebastian said with Isabella furiously shaking her head.

"Over my dead body," She started to take out her keys and move to the drivers door before a strong hand landed on it to keep it close.
Isabella knew that by picking a fight with Sebastian was only going to make it worse for her. She turned around seeing how little space there was between them which was shortly shattered by her cough, "Fine, but you're driving."

Due to the fact that Sebastian was driving, Isabella had to multitask by putting on her makeup and giving directions to Sebastian as to where the get to together was. Although, Isabella gave herself a mental high five for being able to do both and look pretty fine. Arriving at the location, Isabella made a couple of ground rules present to her costar who had been pinning for her since their Captain America days.

"Please don't blurt out embarrassing moments that happen to me on set. Please don't give them any reasons to ship us because I know you're a fan of that one. I'm still trying to figure this out." Isabella walked up the porch waving her finger at Sebastian, warning him with her glare.

"It worked with Chris and Natalia, why not for us?" Sebastian smirked pushing his hands into his pockets.

"I'm not answering that right now." Isabella leaned over and rung the doorbell, "Perhaps if you behave, I'll invite you over to more family gatherings that I have."

Sebastian whispered to himself, to which no one could hear but Isabella managed to get a glimpse of, "I like the sound of that."

As soon as the door open, she could feel the love that she always received when she visited. Probably the reason she always came, to belong somewhere, to be somewhere, and eventually belong to someone who she could bring to her sacred place. Without even saying her greetings, she was enveloped into a hug from godparent.

"Isabella, it's so nice to see you. I feel like it's been so long since you've visited." Neil swayed her side to side still attached to the hug before extending his arms to take a glance at his goddaughter, not before he extended his glance past her and saw her company.

"It seems like the more the merrier." Neil said extending his hand to Sebastian. "Neil Patrick Harris."

Sebastian was a little excited at the sight of him, uncontrollably shaking his hand for way too long. "I know who you are. I'm Sebastian..." His voice faded and didn't mention his last name as he soon realized how long they've been shaking hands. "Sebastian Stan."

Isabella snickered behind her hand as she walked inside the house and greeted Neil's husband; David, and their children; Gideon and Harper. Once Sebastian came along, she introduced them to him after seeing how his encounter with Neil went. But her godfather wasn't hesitate at all about Seb, as he calmly brushed it off as nerves meeting someone else's family; especially of a woman whom you're interested in.

As the night progressed, they had some fun with the children by playing board games with them and Isabella wasn't going to let them win easily. After several rounds of games, it seemed that their sleeping schedule came to a start. Isabella kindly offered to read them a bedtime story, the kids insisted that she would read them to sleep this one night.

She raced them all the way upstairs, obviously the kids winning with all their energy. Skimming their library, Isabella took out a book about Green Eggs & Ham written by Dr.Seuss to which the kids enjoyed but they weren't even worn out yet and demanded one last story to lull them to sleep.

Searching through the vast majority of books that were there, none seemed alluring to tell for the moment. A figured appeared at the door, scaring her once he started talking.

"There once was a he, a man who lived a poor life and couldn't achieve anything better in life as he tried to help his mother with the little bit of life he had left." Sebastian continued and sat down in the rocking chair that was in the room. He looked over to Isabella to continue and as she did, she could see the kids slowly growing weary. But she was pretty sure it had an opposite affect as well, as Isabella was getting a little drowsy herself.
Unfortunately there were no other seats available in the room, and she didn't want to discomfort the kids, not to mention that their beds are very tiny.

With all the ache in her body from the workout session she had, Isabella had to take a risk and put up with what she was going to do next. Awkwardly indeed, she sat down on Sebastian's lap and leaned against his chest and the railing of the chair to rest her head on it. What Isabella couldn't see was the flush that he got on his face as soon as she sat down. But another lull for her was the rocking back and forth of the chair slowly brining her to close her eyes. She couldn't carry on much longer and apparently she wasn't the only one since Sebastian was also growing weary.

After a while from not receiving them in the living room, Neil and David went upstairs to figure out what happened. Stepping into their children's room, they saw the two sleeping as well as the two guests sleeping rather uncomfortably for who knows how long.

The pair, however, had their arms wrapped around one another. With Sebastian's gripping her around her waist just in case she would fall and Isabella digging into his neck, finding a deep comfort. The two could've woken the pair up but thought it would be better to let them sleep, even if it serves with an alternate reason.

"I called it David, you owe me 20 dollars."