Ill Miss Her

The Next Day
Zayn's POV

Perrie and I signed the birth certificate this morning. I'm packing up now getting ready to leave but I decided to leave Perrie's bag here, just in case.

I zipped my bag and put it by the door along with my other things and the baby's presents that one of the nurses who's Perrie's friend gave us. The nurse came in already to take all Reuben's bracelets and clips off him so he could go home.

I got him dressed in the outfit Perrie picked out to bring him home in, a light blue onesie with dark blue pants that had stripes on the side the same color of his onesie, and converse socks. I picked him up in my arms cradling him against my chest. I walked over to Perrie who was out like a light.

I kissed her forehead lightly making her eyes flutter open and lock with mine. I smiled at her and she weakly smiled back at me.

"I have to leave soon." I whispered looking down at the baby then back at Perrie

She frowned at me before reaching out to touch Reuben's soft face lightly brushing her weak fingers across his cheek. It was a precious thing to watch and I desperately want Perrie to come home and be with us.

I still have absolutely no clue what I'm going to do. Perrie is my life, she was so good at taking care of Lola. She doesn't work anymore so it's easy for me I can just go wherever I need to with the boys. Don't get me wrong I did my job as a father helping my wife with my kid but not by myself, I dot know if I can do it but I'll try for Perrie.

"I love you." Perrie's voice cracked

"I love you too, do you need anything? I'll be here until four I can't sign out until then so I'll be here with you." I smiled

"Water please?" I nodded before grabbing Perrie's water and handing it to her

"Better?" I asked

"Yep." She cleared her throat

"Good" I said sitting on the corner of Perrie's bed

I'm honestly extremely surprised how well Perrie's was doing just a day ago I didn't know if I'd ever be able to see her again but here she is. The doctors are really surprised at how well she's doing also , I just hope where not jinxing anything. Lola need her mom, I need Perrie, I don't know what I'll do if something happens to her. I'd have to quite my job, but hey sometimes there's priorities and that would be my family.

Perrie grabbed the remote for her bed pressing the up arrow so she was in a sitting position. She reached out her hands trying to grab the baby.

"My baby." I hissed playfully making Perrie chuckle softly then wince in pain and my smile quickly vanished

"I'm so sorry are you ok?" I panicked sitting up straight

"Yes I'm fine now give me my baby."

"Ok but if he gets to heavy or you start to get any pain tell me ok?" I asked

"Yes." She sighed

I handed her Rueben carefully making sure her wires and machines were still attached.

"Relax babe, you act like I've never don't this before." He rolled her eyes

"Not in this condition." I mumbled

"Have you texted out parents yet I want to talk to Lola?"

"No but I can, are you sure you want to talk to Lola?" I asked

"Yes, this might be my last chance Zayn." She frowned then looked down at the baby a little smile tugged on her lips as the sleeping baby gurgled lightly

"Ok one sec." I got up and walked to the chair I was in before grabbing my phone off the window next to it.

I dialed Perrie's mum's number and she picked up right away.

"Hello? Zayn is everything ok?"

"Yep, Perrie is doing really good. I'm taking the baby home today so I'll come get Lola on my way home."

"Ok."

"Perrie wants to talk to Lola."

"Ok I'll go get her."

I handed Perrie the phone and took the baby. Perrie's hands shook lightly trying to get used to the tight grip she had on my phone. I gave her a worried look and she just smiled weakly trying to tell me she was fine.

"Hi honey." Perrie spoke weakly I'm sure Lola could tell it was her only because the slightest bit of health shined through her voice

"I miss you too baby girl."
"I don't know when I'll get to see you but remember mummy loves you always, ok?"
"Yes Rueben is so cute."

Perrie looked at me and smiled

"Ok baby girl mummy loves you bye."
"Yep your brother says bye too. Daddy will pick you up later please be good."

Perrie took the phone down from her face and looked at the screen for a minute before handing it back to me. I slid it into my back pocket then looked back up at Perrie. There was tears building up in her eyes, light sobs escaping her mouth.

I put the baby back in the crib and walked over to Perrie.

"Don't cry babe it's ok?" I hushed her brushing my thumb against her temple

"I'm going to miss her." Perrie sobbed quietly

"I know you will . Just don't think about it right now think of the good things." I whispered

"I can't Zayn, she needs her mum I need her I need you you need me." Her heart rate starting beeping high the machine beeps increasing

"Perrie this isn't good for you, you need to try to stay calm. Try to stay healthy, think about your family. We love you all of us and don't you ever forget that."

Perrie nodded and the machine started to slow down again stopping at a normal pace.

"Now get some rest. Don't worry I won't leave until I get to say bye."

Perrie sighed before shifting around in the bed trying to get comfy. I walked over to the bed next to hers and laid down. She laid on her side facing me, she smiled her lovely non-weak smile that I will never forget. I smiled back and then watched as she closed her eyes, I did the same before falling into a deep dreamless sleep that was desperately needed.

(A/N)
I'll update soon