Chapter 15.

We got back home around four and notice that my mom made dinner. Honestly though, I’m way to nervous to eat. I’m kind of thinking Jason and I arriving together to the party will send the wrong message. But it’s not like I can ditch him. Can I?

After dinner, I dash to my room and hear my phone chime. Its a text from Jessica.

Jessica: Hey, what are you going to wear to the party? I have an extra dress if you want it :)

Me: Thanks, but I went dress shopping with Rachel earlier.

Jess: What color is it?

Me: Teal and black.

Jess: Sweet. Well, I’ll see you later :)

I notice that its already six thirteen, so I zoomed over to the bathroom to take a shower. 

After I’m all showered, I put on some pajama shorts on and a random tee so I can blow dry my hair and start curling it. After curling most of my hair, Derek walks in and tells me that it’s already seven thirty. Crap! I hear my phone chime so I let a curl out of the iron and check it.

Jason: Hey, are you almost ready?

Are you kidding me, no! I still have to do my make-up. But theres no way I’ma tell him that.

Me: Yeah, just have to do some touch ups.

Jason: Alright, be there in 20.

I hate being rushed. I dug threw my make up bag to find my mascara and the eye lash curler I bought a few weeks ago, applied a little bit of teal eye shadow; and lined my lips with some strawberry flavored lip balm. Once I finished that, I started back on my hair. I combed my hair back it a little on top then placed a thin silver head band to keep my hair out of my face; but letting the curls fall around my face. As I’m changing Derek walks in on me as I have my dress half way up.

“Alba, Jason’s her-Oh sorry!” He says turning back around and out the door.

“No, wait.” I yelled after him.

He turns around with his eyes closed.

“You can open your eyes Derek, I’m covered. Can you zip me up?”

“Sure.”

He twirls me around and whistles. I blush, but in a brother and sister sort of way.

“Alba, you look beautiful.

“Thanks Derek.” I gave him a hug then I slip on my silver flats and took a quick look in the mirror; before heading towards the door. I notice that it’s almost eight thirty. Someone is a little late.

I dash down the stairs and notice Jason is at the doorway looking around. His face goes from bored and annoyed to smiley and happy in a split second when he looks up and sees me. My heart rate speeds up a bit, why is my heart beating so fast? As I take a closer look at him, I notice the shirt he’s wearing, its teal and black plaid. Obviously to match my dress. I’m pretty sure that this is all Jess’s doing, and it’s really cliché of her. I wonder how she even managed to get him a shirt that matched my dress so fast? I roll my eyes and continue to head down stairs.

As I reached the bottom, Jason leans in hugging me and whispers in my ear, “You look amazing!” then kisses me on the cheek.

“Thanks, Jason. You look great as well, and hey, we match.” I say trying to play it off cool. Jessica is in for a mouthful when I see her.