Chapter 9.

It's Christmas Day, I'm sitting in the living room with my family and Jess's family too. We just finished opening presents. My parents had gotten Derek and I the newest iPhones along with a 50 dollar iTunes gift card. My parents also gave Jess and Jason the same gift card. My iPhone was white while Derek's was black. I was so glad to be getting this since the week before I had accidentally dropped my flip phone into the dish water. I tried to blow dry it dry but it messed it up even more so I got mad and threw it in the trash. My parents had coordinated with Jess's parents because they got us both a car charger a wall charger and a case to protect the phone. Mines was yellow, my favorite color. Jess and I got each other best friend charm bracelets from Tiffany's and Co., and Jason had gotten Derek the newest Modern Warfare game and Derek had gotten him the same thing. Such boys. Mrs. Carter said that she had a ham cooking and that she would call us for dinner.

We pulled up to the Carter house, yes my parents took the car. Only because it was freezing out and there was snow everywhere. They wanted to stay warm and I wasn't complaining. The walk from the door to the car was brutal, I felt like I had frozen.

"Come in, come in. It's freezing out there." Mike, Jess and Jason's Dad said.

"Thanks." My mother said and we all walked in. A moment later the door bell rang and I went to answer it. I regretting saying I would answer it because it was someone I didn't want to see, Sage.

"Merry Christmas" She said with a grotesque smile.

"You too" I said ushering her inside.

"Hey babe." Jason said to her and kissed her on the lips. I was disgusted and I quickly lost my appetite. They've been dating for two months now and they were together ever minute of the day. It was really annoying. A little while after Sage arrived, Patrick Jessica's boyfriend of two months as well, arrived. He asked her out the day after my party. We all sat down at the table and ate. It was really good and I couldn't help but enjoy it, even if I was mad. After dinner, Mrs. Carter made warm delicious brownies for everyone and then we all laid around in the living room to watch a family comedy. Unbelievably, my parents and their parents had a lot in common. It was like they have been friends for years instead of months. After the movie my parents and Derek went home as for me, I stayed because I was spending the night. Not really anyway, I mean I was, but Jessica was sneaking out tonight to go to Patrick's family Christmas party, so she needed me there as an excuse. She asked me to go with her but I didn't know anyone and honestly I just didn't feel like being a third wheel.

"All right, I will be back around one, maybe two. You don't have to wait up for me." Jess said as she was getting her purse. She was wearing this slim red sparkling dress with black leggings and some red flats. Her hair was curled down her back and her make up was minimum.

"No, it's fine. I'm not even tired." I lied but she knew I was because after saying that I yawned.

"Hmm, well iMessage me if your going to go to bed. Have fun." She said sarcastically, hugging me and we walked together downstairs as I let her out the front door. Walked back up the stairs and Jason stopped me.

"Where is she going?" He said leaning on the frame of his door.

"With Patrick."

"Oh, so what are you going to do?"

"I don't know Jason, but I know it doesn't involve you." I said walking into Jessica's room and closing the door.

I flipped threw the channels for about thirty minutes and gave up finally leaving it on a Disney channel show. I decided to play with my new iPhone since I hadn't had a chance to earlier. Set up my iMessage and send a text to Jess giving her my info. I already had an account for iTunes since I did have a iPod but it was a nano, nothing fancy. Punched in my ID and password and went straight to the app store. Downloaded the free Facebook app, waited for it to download and went to the games to see what cool games I could download. I found fruit ninja and I automatically went to the memory of Jason and I on the ferris wheel playing this. Downloaded that one too then I notice the Facebook app was done. Signed in and played with it a bit when I got a notification that I had a new friend request. Clicked the little friend request button and smiled at the notification. It was from Jason. Clicked accept and when to browse threw his profile. He really didn't have much on there just his basic interest, but I did notice that it said he was still single when he was obviously in a relationship. I went to look threw his pictures when I heard a chime. I thought it was a text but I didn't receive anything. Then when I got back on I notice the IM chat, and click to see if that was it. It was and the message was from Jason.

Jason Carter: Thx for becoming my Facebook friend.

Alba Daniels: Your welcome, loser.

Jason Carter: Hey, hey, now, no name calling.

Alba Daniels: Whatever. What do you want?

Jason Carter: Come over here.

Alba Daniels: No. Why?

Jason Carter: Just come over here.

Alba Daniels: No.

I received one last message from him saying, "Fine I'll go over there," when I heard a light knock on the door. I was hesitant to answer it but I couldn't help it.

"What do you want" I loud whispered I'm sure his parents were asleep. I had the door cracked so he could only see my face.

"Don't be like that Alba, let me in. Please?" He said trying to push open the door.

"No." I said closing the door but he placed his foot in the way of it being closed.

"Ugh, fine. Come in." I said giving up and letting the door fly open as I walked to the side to let him in. He plopped down on the one side of the bed and started flipping threw the channels.

"Are you just going to stand there are you going to come lay down?"

"Not until you leave."

"Alba, why do you always say no? We both know that you are just going to give in." He said still looking at the t.v. I knew I was going to give in to but I wanted him to beg. So I grabbed my phone and headed towards his room.

"Hey wait, where are you-" Was all I heard before reaching his room and closing the door. I lit up the room with my phone and found my way to the bed. Laying down and taking in his sweet, sweet scent, I covered myself with his blankets and waited for him to come find me. After what seemed like forever he came in, flicking the light on, blinking wildly to regain my eyesight, he came in with two brownies and two glasses of milk.

"A late night snack" He said as he handed me a glass and a brownie. His mother was thee best baker ever, not even my mom could compete.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome toots." After we finished he grabbed my glass and place them on his desk. Turned off the light and made his way back towards the bed laying on the opposite side of me. We laid in silence for what seemed like hours but was probably only seconds when he began to talk.

"Did you have a good Christmas?"

"Yeah I did. Did you?"

"Yeah."

"That's good." I said shifting my weight towards my side so I can look at him even though it was dark.

"Yeah. I'm glad you had a great time. Especially after the little incident with Shawn. You were still shaken up about it weeks after it happened. But I'm glad to see you getting over it." He said and I had the urge to just hug him, why did he care so much.

"It's weird, how you notice things like that."

"Yeah, well I care about you Alba."

I let out a sigh before saying, "Let's not talk about this anymore."

"So, are you looking forward to going back to school." He asked. We had been out of school for about two weeks and honestly, I didn't want this vacation to end.

"Not really, but I am looking forward to a new year."