Chapter 13.

It’s been around three and a half weeks since Jason and I last talked. Jessica and I only been hanging out at school. Sometimes after school she comes over, but I find myself eyeing her for quite awhile; imagining Jason, and she gets really freaked out and leaves.

It’s not my fault really, she just has the same piercing blue eyes that he has.

Jess knows everything that happened the night of New Years but she never dares to bring it up. She just always asks me why don’t I just talk to him, but I can’t. I just.... I don’t know. It’s not like he’s tried to talk me much either. I mean, after his little stunt in English class, he hasn’t really tired talking to me. Maybe he got the hint?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, you want to come over for the weekend?” Jess asked. We’re at lunch, for once we are sitting inside because it’s been raining cats and dogs all week. Not really cats and dogs, but you know what I mean.

“Umm, I don’t think so.”

“Suite yourself.” She says while rolling her eyes.

“Jess, come on. You know I can’t.”

“It not that you can’t Alba, it’s just that you wont!”

She’s right, I wont. Knowing Jason is there doesn’t make it any better. I hate blowing her off all the time but I have no choice.

“How about you come over to my house?” I asked and I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

“I guess.” 

I checked my phone to see a text from my mom. 

Mom: Hey, after school want to go get our hair done?

Me: Okay, can Jessica come?

Mom: Sure, just make sure it’s all right with Marie.

Me: M’kay, see you after school :)

Even though I was upset with the whole Jason thing, nothing can bring me up like the smell of hair dye!

“So my mom wants to go get our hair done after school, is that okay?”

“Yeah, that’s fine.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey mom, we’re home.” I yelled when we walked in.

“In the den.”

I skipped upstairs and threw my stuff down along with Jess and dashed down to the den.

“Oh, all right. See you tomorrow then.” My mom said into the phone.

“What’s up mom?”

“The girls aren’t in today but they will be in tomorrow. Our appointment is at 9.”

“In the morning?”

“Yes, Alba. Be ready. I’m going to make dinner now.”

It’s around one in the morning and I cannot sleep! I can hear Jessica’s faint snore from the other side of my full size bed. As I’m trying to get out, Jessica turns so I stiffen up so she wont wake up. I try again and she shifts her weight again. I try again and she sleep talks but it’s incoherent. It’s really no use, I’ll just hold my pee. I see the light of my phone go off and it’s an iMessage.

Jason: Hi. 

Jason: Is Jessica there with you?

I read the bottom of each of them to see when they were sent. Two hours ago. My phone chimes and startled me when I get a new iMessage.