Chapter 8.

I blinked invariably looking around to see who closed the door, but I couldn’t make anything out. Stumbling backwards I tripped over something, a shoe maybe, and fell on my butt. Dusting myself off, I began to hyperventilate and felt hot. Was I sweating? I pulled my wig off and the cap reveling my auburn hair. Pulled it out if the pony and thats when I felt a hand slightly griping mine. I turned around to see a figure of a slight built person. I moved my hand toward its face and press it up against it. Only to feel a plastic-y figure. I made my way down its shirt to see weather it was a guy or girl, it was a guy and I’m pretty sure this sent him the wrong message. He grabbed me and pulled me close, and I put my hands up in defense and pushed him away. He grabbed me by my arm yanking me towards him again, and I couldn’t help but relive the memories of when Noel did this to me. This can’t be happening though, it can’t be. He isn't even here. I couldn’t help it but my breathing got faster and louder out my nose. I felt like crying, but that’s when I heard Jessica’s voice. I turn my head towards the door and screamed her name as loud as I could before my mouth was covered by a hand. I turned around and kneed him were the sun don’t shine. I quickly walked over to the door only to stop by the sound of a voice.

“Ow, what the hell Erin?” Shawn said. Only I wasn’t Erin.

“Erin?” I said confused as Jessica pounded on the locked door. I quickly unlocked it and flicked the lights on, Patrick at her side. 

“Are you okay Alba?” Patrick asked laying his hand on my shoulder only to flinch to the touch. “What the hell happened? What is going on in here man?” He asked towards Shawn as Jessica wrapped her arms around me to console me.

“Nothing, man, I thought she was Erin. She texted me saying she was in the upstairs bathroom to meet her there. Alba I’m really sorry, I really thought you were Erin.” He said getting up making sure that I would except his apology. I did and by then Jason and his groupies were in the door way.

I was fiddling with my hands in front of me and Jason walked up to me, cupping his hands around mine. “What happened? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” I said letting my hands drop to my side.

“Are you sure? You look terrified.”

“Yeah” I shouted louder then I should have then said, “Why do you care? Just go back with your girlfriend and don’t worry about me.” 

Shoving my way out the room and back down stairs and straight to the kitchen. I grabbed a cooler, opened it with my teeth and chugged it down. I was chugging my forth one down when, Zach my brother’s best friend, pulled it from my face.

“Alba, hey slow down.”

“Leave me alone.” I said slurring my words a bit. I felt buzzed and not fully drunk. I wanted another one as reached for one Zach slapped my hand away and yelled at me.

“No, Alba you're my best friend’s little sister and we all grew up together, it’s my job to take care of you. And plus, if Derek knew you were trying to get drunk and I didn’t do anything to stop it he would, most likely kick my ass.”

“WHATEVER” I said obnoxiously, trying to make my way towards the living room but not before stumbling over my foot and tripping, falling on my knees.

“All right, come on.” He said lifting me up and placing my arm around his neck holding most of my weight as we walked up the stairs. He headed towards Jess’s room, placing me on her bed, taking my shoes off and sitting beside me. I placed my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

“You should sleep.” He said but I just shook my head no. He repeated it again and I finally said, “No, I don’t want to sleep.” He chuckled and brushed my hair behind my ear. I glanced up at him only to realize something I hadn’t noticed before.