Chapter 10.

*short chapter, I know, but I wanted to upload something so here it is.

It’s around eight in the evening and Jessica and I are talking on the phone. I hadn’t seen,  or talked with her since Christmas. Even though, I miss her to pieces, I’m sort of ignoring her because I’m watching the newest episode of Glee. She knows not to call at this time so I don’t know why she did. Luckily for her, it’s on a commercial.

“So are you still up for tomorrow?” Jess asked.

“I guess. Who’s all going?” 

“Well, besides us, Patrick, Amanda, Stacy, Joe, Ivan, Jason and....... Sage and Erin.” She rushed to say the last two names and it took me a moment to realize whose names she had said.

“Sage and Erin? Are you kidding me?”

“Alba, you know they would be here if Jason is here.”

“I know, I know. I was just hoping that Jason would go with them instead of us. I mean, he can clearly see the hate between Sage and I so I don’t get why he brings her around all the time.” She didn’t really respond to what I was saying or maybe she did. I don’t know because I was in some sort of thinking haze.

“Hey, I have a great idea! We should invite Shawn!” I said with much more enthusiasm then needed.

“Shawn, really?”

“Yeah, he’s really a great guy Jess. Also, he’s pretty darn funny, and I believed him when he said he really thought I was Erin.”

She thought for a moment before speaking.

“All right, but you have to ask him to come. Oh and hey don’t forget to tell your brother.”

“Oh, all right. Hey, it’s back on, got to go.” I said before hanging up and watching the last thirty minutes of Glee.

Once it was over I decided to get on Facebook and message Shawn to see if he wanted to come to our New Year’s gathering. It wasn’t really a party since it was just a few people, since I didn’t have his number so this was my only way of communicating with him. Then I skipped down the hall to Derek’s room to inform him that he was invited as well and to bring along his lovely new girlfriend. He started dating this new girl Rachel, two weeks ago, she’s not the same girl from my party though. He met this girl at the mall when he bummed into her and they really hit it off. She’s really petite and skinny, her hair was dark brown and a little bit longer then shoulder length hair, with dark blue eyes. I met her once before winter break, in fact she goes to school with us, but not that we noticed before. Which it was a shame that we didn’t, because she seems like a she would have fit in great. He said that he’ll be there and I turned to skip to my room. I heard my phone chime and it was a notification from Facebook. It was Shawn, he messaged me saying he was up for it. Great, at least I would have people to talk to instead of being all awkward around Jason and Sage.

It’s the day of the party and our parents are off to the plaza to celebrate New Years there for themselves. Even though, it is only 11 am, they said they wanted to leave early so they wouldn’t be in the way. Surprisingly, Jessica’s mom agreed to let us have another party since we did so well on my party. It’s not going to be a huge party like my birthday, but it was just going to be a few of our closest friends. Although Sage and Erin were coming, I was pretty excited about this. It was a new year; a new start, this, is exactly what I need, a fresh beginning.

It was six and I figured I should start getting ready, since everyone was to start arriving at eight. I decided that since it was a casual gathering, that I would just wear my long sleeved maroon button-up shirt, some faded black skinnys and my reddish maroon converse. I still had about 45 minutes left so I decided to curl my hair, making it look as if I had some natural curls. Finished my curls in 30 minutes, grabbed my jacket and headed out the door back to Jessica’s with Derek and Rachel trailing along behind me. I slid my hand back and forth trying to create friction between them to warm them up. My god, it is cold out and I couldn’t feel my face. Finally arriving to Jess’s house I ran inside without knocking so I could defrost. As I walked into the living room, Jason, Sage, and Erin were already sitting on the couch watching t.v. Jason looked bored and well, so did Erin. They were watching ‘Say Yes to the Dress’ and from experience I know it was Sage the one who wanted to watch it. Without calling attention to myself, I quietly turned around and headed up to Jess’s room. She was finishing curling her hair when she turned around to get her shoes and saw me.

“Hey gorgeous.” She greeted me.

“Hi, Beautiful” I said greeting her back, hugging her lightly.

“I know what you need to make your look complete.”

“My look complete? What’s wrong with what I’m wearing?”

“Uhm, nothing. Just put a little make up on......Please?” She said with her bottom lip sticking out to give me a sympathetic look.

I didn’t want to argue so I just went with it. Snatched the eye curler and mascara out of her hand and sat down and curled my lashes and applied the mascara to my eyes. I hate to admit this but she was right, it did make me look somewhat complete. I hated when she was right. I turned around in the chair looking up at her.

“See, that wasn’t so bad.” Jess said and I could help but roll my eyes at her.

“Shut up.” I said getting up and playfully slapping her shoulder as we walked into the living room with her. 

Patrick and Shawn were the only ones we were waiting on.

Derek had ordered us pizza and when it arrived, so did the boys.

Now, we are all in the living room, pizza’s in our laps, watching a romantic movie on HBO. I think it’s called the ‘The Break Up Plan’ or something like that but I’m not to sure since I wasn’t really paying attention.

I’m bored and I can tell a few people are too. I dash into the kitchen when I see Jessica heading that way.

“Dude, we need to do something or everyone is going to fall asleep before midnight.” I said to Jess as I reached for a pepperoni pizza.

“I know, I know. What should we do?”

“I don’t know. You come up with something, your smart.”

“Fine.” She said rolling her eyes and then continued, “Let me think.” Jess said as she got a pizza and went back into the living room.

She had a smirk on her face while she was walking around to sit down, like she knew she was about to do something devious. I didn’t like it one bit, but I knew it was bound to get this party going.

After everyone was done, Jessica got up in front of the t.v. and made her announcement.

“So, as I can see everyone here is pretty bored, right?” She asked and everyone nodded.

“Well, guys I have a game that we can play, and don’t complain cause I know it’s a bit childish, but its the only thing I could come up with. So, is every one in?”

Everyone shouted with excitement, except for me. I knew what she was up to and I didn’t like it one bit, as much as I wanted to run home, and hide. I stayed and decided to play along.

Please comment and let me know what you think. I'm not sure if ya'll are liking my story so that's why I am asking. Just a simple I like it would make me smile. Thanks so much. xoxo