19

When I'm home I immediately take a shower and change into sweats before ordering Chinese for one. Something came over me and I decided on blasting Ed Sheeran's old album from when I was in high school so he can sing my sadness away. As I belt out lyrics and unpack my suitcase, the bell rings and I literally leap to answer the door. I'd do anything for hot Chinese food at this point.

"Here, keep the--"

What.

No.

"Micah?" I whisper as I stare intently at the tall, buff man with a five o'clock shadow and thick black hair swept back, showing his amazing bone structure and blue eyes that reminded me of Niall's, but they weren't as nearly as beautiful.

"Ah, Esme! Hello! That kind lady from your work said you lived here." He speaks and lets himself in, taking in the view of my apartment. His accent sends chills down my back and horrible, horrible memories.

"What are you doing here, shouldn't you be in Europe!?" I slightly shriek. Not him, not now. I'm sure he was the biggest mistake in my life and he's just adding on to my anxiety.

"No, no. I came here to work!" He says excitedly. "And to be with you!"

Harry's POV

"Yeah, so now I'm on my way to tell her how I really love her and just talk about everything, ya know? You think I should bring something like...flowers? No, she doesn't like cliché..."

The sweet elderly woman blinks rapidly like I had just formed two new heads after I pretty much filled her in on my life after she oh so kindly asked how was I. She asked, didn't she?

"She seems like quite a young lady, very...special." She says slowly, clutching her purple purse tightly on her lap. "But honestly, this so called, "love", you have for her, I don't think it's real."

My heart sinks down and I feel like telling her off but before I ask, "How so? I mean, I've liked her for ages..."

"Aha! Liked! You just liked her! Don't you see it? You obviously don't see her the way that the Niall fella sees her. I think you only like her because she has that charm to her. You know, she doesn't try to look like a fake Barbie doll like many of you kids do, she's just her and I think that's all you crave."

She's wrong.

Or I'd like to believe she is. Literally the only girl who was different from the ones I've been with was Esme, but that doesn't mean I just want her because of that? Right?

Esme's POV

I couldn't catch a word escaping his mouth, I was too busy reeling the possibilities of how to tell him I wasn't interested. But how? He flew all the way here for me. Me!

But he also has that modeling thing working for him...maybe if I introduce him to Derek that'll be two guys off my back. Wow, a month ago I would do anything for some sort of male attention when all I got was Zayn telling me I had food crumbs in my hair, and now there's four, maybe three because who knows with Niall, that want to be with me?

Someone needs to document this day, because knowing me, I'll ruin it and end up alone. Why must I suck at relationships? Where did I go wrong? I blame my mother, she should've instructed me of how to be a normal girl rather than take me to soccer practice. Where are those soccer practice's going now mom, huh?

Actually, I'd have to thank her, or I'd probably never met Finny, Matty, and Louis.

"So what do you think, should I?" Micah shakes my shoulder, still smiling hard at me. Crap, I forgot he was still here.

"Should you..."

"Should I find us a house so we can live together! Esme Rose Harris, I want you to live with me!" His cheery voice burned my ears as the words left his mouth.

Now, any intelligent girl would be screaming "yes" by now, but me, I go into panic mode. I can't move in with him, one, because I hardly know this guy, he could be a rapist for all I know, and two, I have so much more greater things to sort out before I choose to settle down.

"Oh please darling, it will be magical." His voice finally differs when he cups my cheeks.

I try to tell him "no" but it's all muffles now. He smiles once more as he leans more and more in before--

"Esme! Why the hell is your door unlocked? Esme, are you ok--"

Fuck. My. Life.

My instincts kick in and I knee Micah off of me before getting up to acknowledge Harry, but instead he turns around and walks back out the door.

(A/N: short? Yes. I had too! It's meant to be a cliff hanger!!! (:

I miss you guys<3 I hope you all are still reading (:

Tell me what you think and how you're doing in school and pretty much life! If you have a twitter, be sure to comment it and I'll follow you guys! I'm no big account btw but a follow is a follow! And I'm always on that, so I won't miss you guys so much (:

Please vote too! <3
Love you all, ox, Dee)