4

"Can you just listen to me? Please, Esme, just listen!" He yells, following me every time I try to walk away from him.

"What's there to hear? Whatever it is, save it for your next victim, that way your stupid line isn't over used." I give him my bitchy smile before returning back to developing Friday's pictures.

"It's not a stupid line, I had to go visit my grandma." Derek repeats yet again. Maybe I'm just over exaggerating things, he seems like a good guy.

"Derek!" Charlotte, an intern calls and he groans in response. "I had fun at that club Saturday, we should do it again?"

"HA!" I yell, "Club it up, Derek. I'll leave you two be." I wasn't upset because I didn't really like him. I knew there was something wrong there, no one was that perfect. I'm sure he wasn't trying to be a doctor, I bet it was another pickup line out of his book.

This is why boys sucked, all they ever want is to get into a girls pants. Well, the majority of the male population. The only reason most of the guys from the old group are so nice to girls is because they hung out with three. Three; boy do I miss Whinny. But damn did I hate what she did to Matt, sleeping with one of his college buddies, at least I didn't do that to Niall. I still ended up hurting him, but he wasn't the only one. I had spent months trying to enjoy the beginning of my trip, but everything I saw reminded me of him. I'd think, "What would Niall say?", when I saw a something interesting. I just wish I had the balls to tell him how miserable I was without him.

"Esme, there you are. You've got a phone call on line six." The receptionist, Francine, says when I walk by. Ugh, my office is on the other side of the building.

"Hello?" I chose to use Francine's phone instead. Less work.

"Hey hun, ready for a honorary duty?" Fin replies and I know she's smiling her crazy bride smile.

"Depending if it has to do with your dress, because I'm not going to make another twelve over sea calls again."

"No, no! You'll like this one...sort of. I need you to pick Harry up from JFK."

"Yeah, totally, I'll just take my flying unicorn and get him. You know I don't own a car! Why is he coming here, wouldn't it be smarter to just fly to England from California?"

"He got an extra week off since there's some holiday thing, and since he isn't familiar with England, he's going to stay with Zayn and I, but we're both busy and it's your duty to help the bride!"

"And tell me oh great one, how am I getting there?"

"...Niall."

"Whoa, I just thought you said Niall because it isn't like we're really awkward and weird with each other and all."

"Please, Esme?"

"Why can't he do it himself? Why does he need someone to join him?"

"Because. Just, please?"

"Because..."

"Because they didn't leave on a good note either! Believe it or not, Harry was the one person on your side when you left. Him and Niall got into a heated argument, bad words were exchanged and they never spoke again, not even with Harry left for California."

"What..."

"Are you going to do it of not? You weren't my first choice you know, I even asked my brothers before I called you. But if I have to, I'll leave work."

"No no, I'll go."

"Really? Wait, no, I'm not complaining, Niall will be there in five minutes. Thank you so much!"

"Yeah, yeah." I mutter, hanging up on her.

"Is there anything I can do for you, Esme?" Francine asks after I hand the phone set back. "No, thanks." I respond dryly, picking up my bag that I'd left on the floor and threw it across my shoulder.

I decided to leave now since I'm sure in five minutes the elevator would reach the lobby, and I might not even know where he's parked. Oh this will be fun.

The elevator door dings open and the one man who was with me quickly runs out, shoving Niall, who stares blankly at me, as he does so. "Hi."

"Hi." I say back to him, stepping off the elevator. We begin to walk to the entrance in awkward silence, like I thought it'd be. He doesn't want to be here as much as I do, maybe even more. But for some reason, I found a weird liking to being with him again. All the memories were coming back; the all nighters we pulled when he'd sneak up to my balcony, our personal prom...

When we get to his car, I sit shot gun and of course he's in the drivers side. The car starts up and then begins 'Give Me Love' on the CD he was playing. Then I remember when we'd sing at the top of our lungs and dance around like idiots when he was suspended in senior year.

"You can change it if you want, Emma had this playing." He mumbles, for once, not looking at me. Of course she loves Ed's music too. "She has amazing taste." I simply reply, trying to lighten the mood and he nods back at me.

"Fin said he'd be in baggage..do you want to go get him alone or...?"

"I'm sure I'll find him on my own, thanks for the offer." I say almost immediately, as I got out the car. "I'll be back."

No duh I'll be back, stupid girl.

I speed walk into baggage and the place is filled with people. So this won't be as easy as I thought it'd be.

"Esme?!" Someone calls from the crowded area. Out pushes a tall, tanned, muscular fedora wearing Harry with a cheeky smile. Holy hot balls.

"Harry!" I call back, running in slow motion towards him and he begins to die with laughter before joining our slow motion reunion. Finally, after many mean stares, we meet and I hug his waist since that's as far as I could reach. "God, the only that's changed is that you're ten times more beautiful than before."

My stomach flutters and before I can thank him for being the first guy to complement me and not try to be creepy with it in many, many months, another name leaves his lips.

"Niall, hey."

I turn on my heel to see the guy standing weirdly near us, looking like he was trying to size Harry up with a pissed facial expression. "Hey."

"You have tattoos now?" I say, poking his exposed ink. "Look who's Mr. Cool kid."

"Stop, I'm still the same Harry. Just the tattooed English teacher, Harry." He chuckles. "Oh, English teacher suits you. You were always caught up with your poetry." I tell him as he grabs his suitcases again and he begin to walk back to the car.

"Still am. California's a great inspiration, maybe one day you can visit me? It's breath taking, I'm renting this beach house in Santa Monica and I get to surf whenever I want, it's pretty top notch."

As Harry talks, I see Niall rolling his eyes at every word. I wonder what they'd said to each other...

"Here, I think this looks cuter on you." Harry grins, putting his hat on my head before chucking his bags in the back. I blush and right when I'm about to say something yet again, Niall yells, "Ready!?"

I groan at his annoyance and walk back over to the passenger seat when Harry takes the back. "So Harry, I'm sure the babes there love you?" Niall questions, looking in the mirror to see him. Harry shrugs saying, "I've only been with two different girls since I've been in California, and for like, nine months I've been single. You should know I don't sleep around."

Niall grips tightly on the wheel and then Harry adds by saying, "Not often anyways."

"Hold the phone, we got a bad ass over here!" I joke, making Harry laugh and Niall look even more bitter. "Beach blondes, huh Har?"

"Nah, not anymore anyways." He sighs, moving up in the back seat so he's closer to us. "I'm kinda digging brunettes now." He twirls a part of my hair in his finger making me giggle like a little girl.

"So Esme, how's Derek!" Niall practically screams at me. "Derek, hmm? Have I missed my chance again?" Harry asks, them both watching me for an answer. "Derek is the biggest douche I've met, he ditched me for a bimbo at a club when Fin had her party, and I'm never seeing him again." I tell them.

"Well Derek doesn't deserve a wonderful girl like you anyways. I'm glad we've taught you ladies that men are dicks in high school or you'd end up in Whinny's position." Harry says.

"Oh please." Niall blurts out. "Please tell me where you're staying?" He tries to save himself.

"Fin and Zayn's." Harry answers with a smirk, knowing exactly what Niall meant. I'm sure anyone would if they heard the tone he used. "I'll stay with you since that's where I'm usually at this time and they're both caught up with work." I tell Harry as I unbuckle my seat belt.

"I'll stay too." Niall shoots out. "I've got nothing better to do."

Oh my god, can someone call the bad idea police and the awkward situation doctor because this isn't going to be a fun time.

(A/N: Stopping here for dramatic effect! CLIFF HANGER! Vote for a double update! And make sure to comment and share when you're at it! (: lots of love, ox, Dee)