Memories

*Ty's pov... Same day*

I got out of the elevator and walked down the hallway looking for Amy's room... 212, 214, 216, 218 there it is. I slowly open the door and walk into the room. I look at Amy, she looks so.... Lifeless. I walk over to the edge of her bed and sit down in the chair next to it.

I take Amy's hand in mine and kiss the top of it. "Please wake up Ames." I say with tears in my eyes. "Please." I squeeze her hand and hold it tight. I lay my head down on the edge of the bed and slowly drift off to sleep

*In Ty's memories*

"Just talk to me!" Amy exclaimed as we were standing in the barn.

"Aren't you the one that never wants to talk." I reply.

Amy pauses and looks at me. "You're right. Talking's overrated." She says.

I step closer to her, put my hands on her cheeks, lean down and connect my lips with hers.

*Memory ends and new one starts*

"I know you don't think so but we can be friends, I mean we are friends right. Just, we can be more than that, and we need to be more than that cause... Cause I love you. I-I always have and, look, I know I've screwed up more than a few times I know, but I love you so much." Amy says to me.

"I love you too." I reply looking into her eyes and we both lean in as our lips mold together perfectly.

*Memory ends and new one starts*

Amy and I are in my truck driving down the road to her senior dance when my truck breaks down. I get out and pop up the hood and start looking around as Amy takes out her phone.

"Great, no signal. You know it's almost as if you willed this to happen." She says as she steps out of the truck.

"Why would I do that?" I question.

"Oh I don't know Ty, maybe cause you didn't wanna go." She snapped back.

"Okay, you're right. I didn't wanna go." I reply.

"I know you didn't have to tell me." She snapped again.

"But not because I didn't want to be with you Amy,.. Because I do. You're the only one I want to be with." I say walking over to her. I reach into my truck, switch on the radio and grab her hand. "Come here." I say and start walking.

"Ty." She says quietly and stays still.

I turn back around and out my hand on her side. "Come on." I say. She gives in and walks to the back of the truck with me. "Hold on." I say.

"Ty. Ty!" She replies as I lift her up onto the back of the truck and I climb up.

"Ty, what are you doing?" She questions me.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay... And I'm not much good at this so don't laugh. If we were where we're supposed to be then, I'd be asking you to dance right now. So, do you wanna dance?" I ask as I fix my tie.

"You can dance?" She questions with a smile on her face.

I take her hand and rest the other on her waist as she rests her hand on my shoulder and we dance around.

"Okay, you can dance." Amy giggles. We stop dancing as I take her hands in mine.

"I got something for you. It took me a few trips into town to get what I wanted, I hope you like it." I explain as I reach down and grab a small black box nd hand it to her.

"Ty." She replies with a smile as she takes the box and opens it. "A promise ring."

"Is it okay?" I ask.