Chapter 17

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ NOTE AT END! I NEED FEEDBACK AND THE QUESTION ANSWERED! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Katniss' point of view

I curl up in a blanket. I'm sitting on the couch in his house. Warm. I am watching the popping fire in front of me and look down . I miss him. 

I miss the way he made me laugh. 

I miss his arms after a nightmare.

I miss how he helped me. 

I miss him. 

A tear slides down my face. I feel the couch sink next to me. The spot is occupied by Haymitch. 

I keep my head down even though I know he sat down to try and get my attention. I feel his hand on my back when he notices the tears streaming down my face. 

"Why did he have to move Haymitch?"

"I don't know. I don't know Katniss." He pauses for a moment, then adds to his not exactly helpful comment. "What I do know is you were heck of a lot happier when he was around. I could see it. At school, and the bakery, and seeing you kids around town. You need him Katniss, and I can assure you he needs you too."

"Yeah, well it doesn't matter now, because he is gone and I don't know where I can find him."

"Haymitch pulls me into his arms and hugs me tight. It is a hug of apology, but I don't want his pity.  don't want anyones pity. But these days thats all I seem to get."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I wake up in the morning, and My stomach hurts. Bad.

My  stomach aches, with shooting pains.It honestly feels like Im imploding.

I hear Haymitch coming up the stairs to wake me for school probably, but there is no way I would make it through the day. I roll over and pretend to disappear. 

Dang it. It didn't work. 

I hear a soft knock at my door. "Katniss? Its time to wake up." When I don't answer he pushes open the door. 

"Katniss?" he walks over to my bed and pulls the covers off of me. I curl up in an even tighter ball hoping the pain would go away, but it doesn't. "Katniss?" I don't respond. "Katniss? Are you okay?" I shake my head no and curl up tighter, if that is possible. "No?  Are you sick? In pain?" My head barely moves up and down. "Okay, Katniss where does it hurt?" 

"My stomach it hurts so bad!" I sob. I cannot stop crying.  I feel him sit down next to me and brush the hair out of my face. I cry harder. Peeta always did that.

"Okay, What does it feel like?" 

"It just, HURTS!" 

"Alright. do you want me to stay home from work?" 

"No, no go to work."

"Are you sure?" I nod wincing. 

"Okay, but the second I get home I'm taking you to the doctor, okay?" I nod again. "Alright Katniss, I'll put a bucket by your bed incase you need to throw up, I'll grab you a glass of water and some pain killers and i'll set the remote right here in case you get bored. This should hold you until I get back." 

"Thank you." 

"Of course. Call if you need anything."

"Haymitch, I Don't have a phone." A look of realization washes over his face. He leaves the room, and soon comes back with a bucket and a glass of water. when he sets the bucket down, I realize inside of the bucket is the phone, some pain killers and a remote. He unloads the bucket and gives me a review on how to use the remote, in case I forgot from when he told me a couple of days ago, and he gives me a post it note with his number on the back. His cell phone, and the one on his desk at school.