Chapter 3

As I came into school the next day, I look over and see that Finnick kid talking to Annie. I walk up to then and stand there until they acknowledge me. "Oh. Hi Katniss!" Annie says like she hasn't seen me in years.

"You gave me fifty dollars. Not including for your meal."

"Yeah, well, you seem pretty cool. you're a good waiter too."

"Whose idea was that?"

Finnick smirks. "Peeta's."

Of. Course. It. Was.

I laugh. "Tell the others I said hi." I say smiling and waving.

"See you later, Katniss!

What does that Peeta kid want?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peeta's Point of View

Finnick told me Katniss knows about how it my idea to give her a fifty dollar tip.

I may or may not have punched him.

"OW! What was that for man!"

"You know exactly what it was for Finnick don't lie to yourself."

"Yeah ok I do, But-"

"But nothing! You embarrassed me what were you thinking!"

"Peeta calm down." Annie says. "Your going to make a scene." I take a deep breath.

"You're right. I'm sorry Finnick. Who knows. Maybe it will help in the long run. I gotta go to class. See ya." I say waving and looking over my shoulder. I walk down the hallway and turn the corner, and just as I do, someone running at full speed runs right smack into me. "Ah!" We both say as we hit the floor. I look up and see gorgeous grey eyes. They're almost silver. Katniss.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry-" she stutters.

"No, no don't worry about it." I get up and start to continue down the hall when someone grabs my shoulder.

"Thank you." She says sincerely.

"For what?"

"The tip-"

"No problem, we all pitched in."

"But It was your idea. I don't think you know how much it helps me."

"Anytime." She nods and turns around.

"I'm always here if you need me Katniss."

She turns around. "Thank you." Thats all she says before running down the hall again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katniss Point of view

I now have sixty dollars total. I need to spend it on something I really need. Money doesn't grow on trees. if it did, I would be rich, because I live in one. My food supply has spiraled downhill. my money was wasted because of my stupidity. I was trying to save my food, so I wouldn't have to spend so much money, well that failed. Majorly. The bread turned stale, and the strawberries molded. Flush! Oh, Yeah, see, there goes my money, right down the toilet.

I begin the freezing 30 minute hike to town. I get there 45 minutes later, because I took a fifteen minute break from walking. My legs are numb from the bitter cold, my nose is running and my cheeks are pink. Tears are brimming my eyes I stumble into the bakery and force myself to a table in the corner. It's warm in here. I lay my head on the table. Its extremely busy, no one really noticed I came in here. I blow into my hands and rub them together trying to warm up faster. Luckily, I picked a table right by the heating vent. Within minutes, I'm asleep.