Chapter 15

Please read note at end!

Katniss's POV

       My eyes are dilated with fear as My head shoots up off of Peeta's arm where it was resting. I pant and look around the room trying to remember where I am. It comes back to me when all i can see is white. My head whips around and I find Peeta laying on the bed asleep. Thank god that his heart monitor is beeping. even if its annoying, It means he's alive and thats all that matters to me. That Peeta is alive and well and so am I. 

(Tee hee lol sorry-) (District 13 Is alive and well, and so am I!)

All of a sudden, the beeping accelerates.

Peeta suddenly, out of nowhere, Peeta shoots up wide awake. His face is pale and his eyes are wide. 

"Peeta? Are you o-" 

"Katniss move over-" 

"Move over? Why?"

"Katniss! Move over I'm gonna be-" 

He leans over the bed, heaving. Then before I can wrap my head around what is happening, he is throwing up over the side of the bed. I know why he told me to move over now, and luckily I jump out of the way, just in time. After I'm over the shock of how sudden this is, I run and shove a trash can under his face and rub his back. 

When he is finished throwing up, he looks up at me. 

"Sick. I am going to be sick." 

I give him a dixie cup filled with water and tell him to rinse his mouth out while I go get a nurse. I find one walking down the hallway near his room, and explain to her what happened. She follows me into his room. 

Peeta looks bad. He has his head in his hands, and is shaking. He lets out some strangled cry of pain, and removes his head from his hands. His eyes are bloodshot, and he's panting so hard you would have thought there was no oxygen in the room. He turns his head rather robotically and sees me. 

"Katniss..." he hisses, as if it hurts to speak. 

I run to his side and stroke his sweaty forehead. 

"Are you in pain?" There was no reason to ask that. The answer was obvious. But it doesn't make since. I was gone for five minutes! How did he get so in pain in five minutes?

He nods his head slowly. 

"What does it feel like?" The nurse says, completely interrupting our conversation. 

"It feels like everything on my inside, wants to be on my outside." I laugh. Only Peeta would make this situation funny.

He looks up at me with a small smile stuck to his face. "Only you, Peeta." His smile turns to confusion. 

"What do you mean only me?"

"Only you would make a time like this funny." I hear a door close, I turn around and see the nurse left the room. 

Peeta grabs my hand. It's a comforting feeling. I like it a lot. Knowing, that even though he's in pain, He's there for me, and thats the best feeling in the world. I lay my forehead down on our hands and close my eyes, savoring this feeling I haven't felt in so long. Of comfort. Of safety. I feel a tear slip out of my eye. I'm assuming Peeta feels this hit his hand because he reaches up and starts to caress my head.

"Are you okay?" The concern is expressed by the tone of his voice. 

"I've never felt so safe." I look up at him and I see relief wash over him when he finds out I'm okay. Suddenly the door opens, rather loudly, might I add and the doctor walks in.

"Ma'am, visiting hours are over, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." 

"No!" My worry comes back. I don't want to leave Peeta alone here.

"Katniss the doctor is right. You need to go home and get some rest." I sigh, and gather my stuff. I don't want to argue, and Peeta's right. I am exhausted. I probably stink too. I haven't showered in three weeks because I haven't left the hospital sense Peeta got here. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say hugging Peeta. My voice is still shaky from crying earlier.

I walk out the doors of the hospital, and realize I'm walking home, because I don't know how to drive and I don't have a phone to all anyone. I'm lucky the bakery isn't far from the hospital. 

When I walk in, I see the Mellark's eating dinner. Some sort of meat, pork, it looks like, and there is obviously a loaf of bread is in attendance at the table, just like every night. I walk in further after taking my shoes off, and look up to realize all the Mellark's are staring at me. 

"Uh, Hi..." I nervously say.

"Where have you been!" Mrs. Mellark yells at me. 

"I was at the hospital, with Peeta" I'm confused. Shouldn't this be Obvious?

"Oh, Is that where he's been?" 

"Yes!" I am appalled. You would think she would at least know. I walk upstairs to my bedroom, and lay on my bed. I must fall asleep, because I wake up to my door being pushed open and a slap on my face. 

"You are not welcome to be here anymore, the second Peeta gets out of the hospital we are moving far away, selling our bakery, and getting far away from you. You have five minutes to pack your things and get out of my house!" I am still half asleep, and shocked might I add. So I stand up, grab my backpack, shove as many things in there as I can with my school books in there as well, pack up the rest of my stuff, and leave. 

Peeta's Point of view. 

I get discharged today. Katniss said she would be back today, but she hasn't come yet. 

"Peeta, your Father is signing your papers, you are free to get dressed and leave whenever you are ready." 

"Thank you for everything." 

"Sure Peeta. Anytime" I throw on clothes and find my dad in the waiting room. He puts his hand on my shoulder we finally leave that hospital. 

The car ride home is silent. Just the sound of our breathing is heard. Its comfortable.

When we pull into the driveway, I unlock the door and go inside expecting to see Katniss curled up on the couch, but I don't. Whats going on? Maybe she's in her room. i run up the stairs(even though I shouldn't be running) but screw the doctors, Katniss is more important than me. Once i reach her room, I fling open the door, hoping to see her on her bed reading, or sleeping. But no. I see my worst nightmare. The room is empty. 

Katniss is gone. 

Hey.

so sorry for the two month gap in between updates, I'm having a hard time right now. My grandpa died last week,and i was super close to him, so I'm just looking for some peace and encouragement.

Also, thank you for not nagging me to update, I really appreciate that.

Now, I kind of know where i'm going with this story, I hope there will be more frequent updates

(EVERLARK COMING SOON)

I think I am going to change my username to something hunger games related, after all, this is a hunger games account, so I think thats appropriate.

tell me your opinion and feedback please, I need some!

thanks for reading, more coming soon,

Becca