Chapter 12-The Accident

Samantha's POV

   Cole and I have been together now for three weeks; I'm two months pregnant and I'm not showing. No one knows I'm pregnant besides Cole, John Luke, and I. We haven't told anyone yet because they would just make JL marry me. They also wouldn't understand why I'm with Cole. We arn't going to tell anyone 'till it's clearly visible that I'm pregnant.                                                                  

  John Luke was pretty pissed when he found out that Cole and I were dating. I don't understand why though because he didn't want the baby nor me. The family even wonders why JL and I broke up and then why I started going out with Cole.                                                                                                  

   As of right now Cole was taking us back to his house; We just got back from fishing at PawPaw Phil's land. We were pulling up to a stoplight when we saw Mountain Man. "Hheeyyy Coleemann, Hheeyyy..." Cole replied before Mountain Man could finish. "Yea, hey Mountain Man. Sorry can't talk, gotta go."  "Haha Coleman you're so mean!"                                                                                                    

   We started going and we were about halfway across when I saw two lights coming towards my side of the truck. There was nothing I could do... it all happened so fast.

John Luke's POV                                                                                                                                                       When Cole and Sam told the family they were dating, I couldn't believe it. Yea I still love her and I left her but I was rethinking everything. I wanted to help her with the baby, I wanted to be the father but everytime I go to call her I get scared. And the reason is I know she loves Cole because she used to look at me like she looks at him. I was pondering about what I was going to say when my phone started ringing. The caller ID read Sam.    "Hello?"

   "Hi, my name is Chasity and I'm with the West Monroe Medical Center, is this a Mr. John Luke Robertson?"                                                                                                                                                            

  "Yes, may I ask why you're using my girlfriend's phone?" Akward pause. "Well sir, you were her emergency contact number and as I was aware we brung her boyfriend in with her."                            

   "I'm sorry I meant my cousin and his girlfriend. What's wrong with them. Is Sam in labor?"                  

  "No sir they were hit by a drunk driver. If you could come to the hospital and clear up some paperwork we can discuss this farther."                                                                                                    

  "Yes mam'."  I arrived at the hospital and found my family awaiting me in the waiting room with tears streaming down their faces. My mom stood up and came towards me. "John Luke Robertson! You are in big trouble, mister!"                                                                                                                                    

   "Korie, calm down, let him explain himself." My dad replied. I looked at Cole and asked, " The docters called and said Sam and you were in an accident. Where's Sam and why arn't you hurt?"

   "Sam's pretty bad JL. I managed to escape with a couple bruises."                                                            "Well maybe I'll give you..."                                                                                                                                     "John Luke! I want you to explain yourself, not threaten Cole, this wasn't his fault." Mom replied.         I explained everything to them: the promise ring, the baby, and about Cole and Sam. Mom asked,

   "So the baby is yours JL?"                                                                                                                                    "Yes mam'! I was being childish and  I told her I didn't want the baby, but I do!" I replied with tears.        

Dad said, "Son, there's no easy way to say this but they don't know if the baby or Sam's going to make it." I had to get out of here. I mean yes I left her but I still loved her. I was fixing to run through the doors when the docter showed up.                                                                                                                  

 "Is this Samantha Hutchenson's family?" Nobody could say a word. My dad popped in and said,   "Yes, we are. Any news?" My dad's always been the calm and collected type.                                              

    "I'm sorry, there's no easy way to say this but..."

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_      A/N:  Thank you for reading, commenting, and voting. It means alot! Tell me if you want me to read any of your stories and I gladely will. :) -A  P.S. If I didn't dedicate it to you yet and I said I would then I will soon.